Sandy Denny - I've Always Kept a Unicorn The Acoustic Sandy Denny (2016) FLAC Beolab1700

seeders: 49
leechers: 20
Added on May 22, 2016 by Beolab1700in Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Sandy Denny - I've Always Kept a Unicorn The Acoustic Sandy Denny (2016) FLAC Beolab1700 (Size: 564.48 MB)
 Beolab1700 Torrents.txt292 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ph.txt49 bytes
 art.jpg375.59 KB
 05 - Now and Then (Demo).flac8.66 MB
 18 - Love's Made a Fool of You (Demo).flac16.91 MB
 01 - Who Knows Where the Time Goes.flac20.91 MB
 09 - Winter Winds (Studio Demo).flac9.21 MB
 14 - Late November (Live - BBC One in Ten).flac14.21 MB
 15 - The North Star Grassman And The Ravens (Live At BBC In Concert - 1972).flac8.91 MB
 16 - Next Time Around (Live At BBC In Concert - 1972).flac10.67 MB
 10 - Wild Mountain Thyme (Live At BBC Sounds Of The 70's, London - 1970).flac18.78 MB
 19 - When Will I Be Loved (Demo).flac14.86 MB
 17 - John The Gun (Live At BBC In Concert - 1972).flac7.54 MB
 06 - No End (Solo Piano Version).flac26.84 MB
 07 - Solo (BBC John Peel Session).flac20.84 MB
 04 - Bushes and Briars (BBC Bob Harris Session).flac14.64 MB
 08 - Like an Old Fashioned Waltz (BBC John Peel Session).flac17.84 MB
 03 - The Lady (Demo).flac11.57 MB
 13 - What Is True (Demo).flac15.67 MB
 09 - The King and Queen of England (Home Demo - Alternate Take).flac16.3 MB
 20 - Moments (Acoustic Version).flac18.48 MB
 10 - Rising for the Moon (Demo).flac16.65 MB
 01 - Quiet Joys of Brotherhood (Demo).flac11 MB

Description

Sandy Denny - I've Always Kept a Unicorn The Acoustic Sandy Denny (2016) FLAC Beolab1700

---------------------------------------------------------------------
VA - I've Always Kept a Unicorn: The Acoustic Sandy Denny

Artist...............: Various Artists
Album................: I've Always Kept a Unicorn: The Acoustic Sandy Denny
Genre................: Folk
Source...............: CD
Year.................: 2016
Ripper...............: EAC (Secure mode) / LAME 3.92 & Asus CD-S520
Codec................: Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
Version..............: reference libFLAC 1.3.1 20141125
Quality..............: Lossless, (avg. compression: 34 %)
Channels.............: Stereo / 44100 HZ / 16 Bit
Tags.................: VorbisComment
Information..........:

Posted by............: Beolab1700 on 22/05/2016
Information..........: **thanks to Twil**

Posted by............: Beolab1700 on 20/05/2016

Tracklisting

Disc: 1
1. Who Knows Where The Time Goes - Sandy Denny, Strawbs
2. You Never Wanted Me
3. Milk and Honey
4. Autopsy - Fairport Convention
5. Now And Then - Fairport Convention
6. She Moves Through The Fair - Fairport Convention
7. Fotheringay - Fairport Convention
8. The Pond And The Stream - Fotheringay
9. Winter Winds - Fotheringay
10. Wild Mountain Thyme - Fotheringay
11. The Lowlands Of Holland - Fotheringay
12. Wretched Wilbur
13. The Optimist
14. Late November
15. The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
16. Next Time Around
17. John The Gun
18. Love's Made A Fool Of You - The Bunch
19. When Will I Be Loved - The Bunch
20. Learning The Game - The Bunch

Disc: 2
1. Quiet Joys Of Brotherhood
2. After Halloween
3. The Lady
4. Bushes And Briars
5. The Music Weaver
6. No End
7. Solo
8. Like An Old Fashioned Waltz
9. The King And Queen Of England
10. Rising For The Moon
11. One More Chance
12. Sandy's Song (Take Away The Load)
13. What Is True?
14. Blackwaterside
15. No More Sad Refrains
16. Full Moon
17. I'm A Dreamer
18. By The Time It Gets Dark
19. One Way Donkey Ride
20. Moments

Released 38 years after her death and timed to coincide with her posthumous induction into the 2016 Radio 2 Folk Awards Hall of Fame, I’ve Always Kept a Unicorn: The Acoustic Sandy Denny is much more than the conveniently-packaged soundtrack for nostalgia and reading (it bears the same title as Mick Houghton’s 2015 biography) that it might appear to be.
Granted, there is little here that won’t already be in the collection of any dedicated fan – with the possible exception of three 1971 demos for The Bunch’s Rock On – but where this 40-track compilation really scores is in its drawing together of the best of her solo and acoustic recordings.
The three exclusives – ‘Love’s Made a Fool of You’ (Buddy Holly/Bob Montgomery), ‘When Will I Be Loved’ (Phil Everly) and ‘Learning the Game’ (Buddy Holly) – aren’t, strictly speaking, solo versions: Richard Thompson and Trevor Lucas both contribute guitar parts but Sandy’s duet with Linda Thompson on ‘When Will I Be Loved’ is almost worth the price of admission on its own and is an unexpected highlight.

The first CD opens with the song that many might consider to be one of her very best, even self-defining, compositions, ‘Who Knows Where the Time Goes?’ – this is the version she recorded with The Strawbs – remains one of the best. It’s followed by a pair of tunes (‘You Never Wanted Me’ and ‘Milk and Honey’) written by the influential Jackson C. Frank.

Sandy’s time with Fairport Convention is represented by a total of nine tracks across the two CDs. The first CD contains two demos (‘Autopsy’ and ‘Now and Then’) and two acoustic masters (‘She Moves Through the Fair’ and ‘Fotheringay’), while the second disc’s contributions are all demos (‘The King and Queen of England’, ‘Rising for the Moon’, ‘One More Chance’, ‘Sandy’s Song (Take Away the Load)’ and ‘What Is True’). The demo of ‘Autopsy’ captures a powerful performance but the sweet multitracked harmonies on ‘Now And Then’ are another unexpected highlight.

The woefully underrated Fotheringay provide the source of four tracks: two demos (‘The Pond and the Stream’ and ‘Winter Winds’) and two live recordings for BBC radio sessions (a gorgeous take on Francis McPeake’s evergreen ‘Wild Mountain Thyme’ and ‘The Lowlands of Holland’). While these tracks fit perfectly within the project’s brief – as the PR notes say, to compile “the best album that the late Sandy Denny never made” – it also means that group performances like ‘Nothing More’ weren’t eligible for inclusion, as it seems that solo versions simply don’t exist, as far as we know.

Nevertheless, it’s an admirably well-focused collection: more than half of the tracks are undiluted, solo Sandy Denny performances, recovered either from home and studio demos or live sessions and they are unquestionably the heart of the album. The live versions of ‘Late November’, ‘John The Gun’, ‘No More Sad Refrains’ and, especially, ‘Solo’ are arguably as good as it gets with truly ‘solo Sandy’ recordings and definite highlights of this collection, primarily for their displays of Sandy’s unique phrasing and rare ability to convey such a range and depth of emotion.

The demos of ‘Quiet Joys of Brotherhood’ (with its accompaniment of what sounds like a harmonium drone), ‘No End’ and ‘One Way Donkey Ride’ are equally gripping, underlining the point made by Mick Houghton in his excellent sleeve notes that the emotional intensity of Sandy’s live performances was too often lost in the process of recording in the studio.

I’ve Always Kept A Unicorn: The Acoustic Sandy Denny is a compilation that will be welcomed by anyone who’s ever thought, to quote Linda Thompson, “I so wish she had recorded a solo album”. Bringing together some of the best material available from such a wide range of sources, it presents Sandy Denny’s towering legacy in a way which is both respectful yet revealing. It makes for compelling listening and offers new insights into the creative processes and singular talent of one of Britain’s best folk musicians which is sure to appeal to long-time fans and newcomers alike.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
564.48 MB
seeders:49
leechers:20