Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin - 2015 - Stormy Water [mp3@320]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on May 28, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin - 2015 - Stormy Water [mp3@320] (Size: 112.65 MB)
 01. Dance Pretty Mama.mp311.22 MB
 02. By My Side.mp39.12 MB
 03. Shine.mp311.02 MB
 04. Everybody Oughta Make a Change.mp39.37 MB
 05. Evil Coming Round.mp315.03 MB
 06. I'm Mad.mp310.84 MB
 07. Fast Fast Car.mp38.49 MB
 08. Death If You Find Me.mp36.98 MB
 09. Talk Is Cheap.mp310.16 MB
 10. You're Gone.mp39.29 MB
 11. Let Me Love You.mp310.07 MB
 Front.jpg279.6 KB
 Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin - 2015 - Stormy Water [mp3@320].txt4.31 KB
 Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin 2016.jpg804.61 KB

Description

All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin

2015 - Stormy Water [mp3@320]

Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin

Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin in 2015

wickedgrin.ca:
Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin are an Ottawa based original roots rock/blues band. Their sophomore album, Shame On Me (2013) was released to critical acclaim and wide-spread airplay in North America. The band received the 2014 Maple Blues Award for Best New Group. Shame On Me was named Best Canadian Blues Rock Album of 2014 and 2015 by The Blues Underground Network. In 2014/15 Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin performed major festivals, toured Western and Eastern Canada. Bassist Leigh-Anne Stanton received the 2015 Maple Blues Award for Bassist of the Year. Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin will be touring Western Canada in early spring 2016, Eastern Canada in spring 2016 and the US in fall 2016.
Wicked Grin has been on the scene since 2003, honing their skills at festivals and clubs throughout Ontario and Quebec. They are a hard hitting blues outfit who describe their music as"Blues With Bite". Wicked Grin is led by guitarist, singer-songwriter Murray Kinsley. Killer guitar, a veteran harp player, raucous and wailing in all the right places, a super-tight bassist, and a hot young drummer, and you get full-tilt blues with a groove that just won’t quit. The Ottawa Citizen describes them as: "designed for blues lovers who appreciate a high level of musicianship". They were Ottawa's representative at the International Blues Challenge in Memphis, TN., in January 2014.

Stormy Water

Artist: Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin
Title: Stormy Water
Release Date: November 27, 2015
Label: Phoenix Records
Catalog: 061297477968
ASIN: B017IU1M0Q
Genre: Blues, Modern Electric Blues, Blues Rock Boogie Rock
Duration: 48:02

bluesblastmagazine.com:
Ottawa-based Murray Kinsley & Wicked Grin have been making waves in the Canadian blues community for a few years now, including winning the Maple Blues Award for New Artist of the Year in 2014. Their third album, Stormy Water, follows on from 2013’s Shame On Me, and features 11 roots rock/blues songs, 10 of which were written by Kinsley himself (with the only cover being Sleepy John Estes’ “Everybody Ought To Make A Change”).
Leaning more towards roots rock than blues, Stormy Water is a very impressive release. The band attacks the material with serious intent, focussing primarily on up-tempo numbers, such as when they come roaring out of the blocks on the first track, “Dance Pretty Mama”, with its hints of Aerosmith’s “Let The Music Do The Talking” both in attitude and also in the in-your-face production. Rod Williams’ swooping harmonica playing is particularly effective, helping to set the tone for the rest of the album. Sleepy John Estes’ “Everybody Ought To Make A Change” is perfectly suited to the band. Played as an upbeat dancing song, the last line of the stanza is all the more effective for its casual brutality: “Everybody, they ought to make a change sometime. Because sooner or later they’ll go out in that lonesome ground.”
Wicked Grin play everything with a biting edge. Even a love song such as “Let Me Love You” sounds ominously threatening, with its hints of the great John Campbell in the groove, with another fine harp solo from Williams. The shuffle of “I’m Mad” highlights Kinsley’s distinctive and winning voice and “Death If You Find Me” sounds like the bastard love child of Muddy’s “Rollin’ and Tumblin’” and some early Led Zep. The ostensibly acoustic “You’re Gone” still carries an unmistakable air of foreboding menace.
Stormy Water is a very enjoyable slab of blues/rock, benefiting especially from Kinsley’s voice and Williams’ haunting harp. If your tastes extend to the rockier end of the blues spectrum such as early Aerosmith or George Thorogood, you will find much to enjoy on this release.

01. Dance Pretty Mama - 4:50
02. By My Side - 3:55
03. Shine - 4:45
04. Everybody Oughta Make a Change - 4:02
05. Evil Coming Round - 6:30
06. I'm Mad - 4:40
07. Fast Fast Car - 3:39
08. Death If You Find Me - 2:59
09. Talk Is Cheap - 4:22
10. You're Gone - 3:59
11. Let Me Love You - 4:20

Personnel: