School of Fish by Ben Pollinger

seeders: 14
leechers: 9
Added on October 29, 2015 by lazymimiin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

School of Fish by Ben Pollinger (Size: 129.57 MB)
 School of Fish.Ben Pollinger.epub129.57 MB

Description

If you find this torrent useful, please take a second to rate/comment, that surely will put a sunshine smile on my lips, thanks :)

Retail:

http://www.amazon.com/School...-Ben-Pollinger/dp/145166513X
Hardcover: 448 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books (September 30, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 145166513X
ISBN-13: 978-1451665130

About:

From the acclaimed executive chef of a Michelin-starred seafood restaurant comes a comprehensive, beautifully designed guide to cooking fish, for home cooks of all skill levels.

School of Fish is an all-encompassing culinary education in one handy—not to mention gorgeously photographed—cookbook. Ben Pollinger, executive chef of upscale Manhattan restaurant Oceana, distills years of experience working in some of the world’s best restaurants in this no-nonsense book that demystifies the art of cooking seafood.

With more than 100 recipes organized by technique from the easiest to the most advanced, Pollinger takes you through the ins and outs of baking, roasting, braising, broiling, steaming, poaching, grilling, frying, sautéing, and of course seasoning. In addition, he offers up terrific recipes for basics (like Homemade Hot Sauce and Fish Fumet); dressed fish (from ceviche to tartars); salads, pasta, rice, and sides (such as Salmon Salad with Spinach, Dill, and Mustard Vinaigrette); soups and chowders (including Gazpacho with Seared Scallops); and one-pot meals (like Caribbean Fish Stew and Thai-Style Bouillabaisse). And to round out your seafood education, School of Fish includes a Fish-ionary, a Guide to Unusual Ingredients, and detailed step-by-step photos to complement the 100 photographed recipes.

As appealing in its presentation as it is useful, this guide outlines all the skills you need for perfecting your culinary craft. So whether you’re a home cook trying something new or an experienced “afishionado,” School of Fish will turn you into a better cook and an authority on all things seafood.

Author:

On his path to becoming the chef of one of New York City’s premier restaurants, Culinary Institute of America alum Ben Pollinger was a recipient of a JBF Rioja Wines of Spain Scholarship in 1996. “Being awarded a JBF Scholarship was crucial to my being able to complete culinary school,” says Ben, who went on to become valedictorian of his class. “Besides receiving a great education at the CIA, the connections I made enabled me to work in Europe, which in turn put me ahead of the pack to work at some of the best restaurants in New York City.”

Today Ben is known for his work as executive chef of Oceana Restaurant, where his distinctive seafood-focused cuisine has earned him and his team countless rave reviews, including a Michelin star. When not in the kitchen, the busy father of three also donates his time and culinary expertise to a number of organizations, including the James Beard Foundation. “JBF has been like a thread woven through my career, and now it is deeply rewarding to be able to give back and help this generation of aspiring culinarians.”

Text Screenshot:

More Awesome Cookbooks:

Torrent: The Professional Chef by The Culinary Institute of America
Torrent: Coast: Recipes from Ireland'...Atlantic Way by Rachel Allen
Torrent: Gordon's Great Escape Southeast Asia by Gordon Ramsay
Torrent: Anthony Bourdain's Les Halle... Cooking by Anthony Bourdain
Torrent: The Complete Nose to Tail: A... Cooking by Fergus Henderson
Torrent: Preserving the Japanese Way:...n by Nancy Singleton Hachisu
Torrent: NOPI: The Cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi
Torrent: The Hell's Kitchen Cookbook:...en [Gordon Ramsay's TV Show]
Torrent: Taste Buds and Molecules: Th... Flavor by Francois Chartier
Torrent: A Girl and Her Pig: Recipes and Stories by April Bloomfield