The Ásatrú Edda: Sacred Lore of the North + Study Guide [DerHammer] (PDF)

seeders: 9
leechers: 1
Added on October 23, 2014 by DerHammerin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

The Ásatrú Edda: Sacred Lore of the North + Study Guide [DerHammer] (PDF) (Size: 4.07 MB)
 The Asatru Edda - Sacred Lore of the North [DerHammer].pdf3.46 MB
 The Asatru Edda - Study Guide [DerHammer].pdf621.13 KB
 info.txt2.88 KB

Description

The Ásatrú Edda: Sacred Lore of the North (PDF) + Study Guide
By Norroena Society

From the ashes arises the sacred lore of the North, the ancient stories and proverbial wisdom of the Ásatrú religion.
Mighty Gods and fierce Giants battle in the never-ending struggle between order and chaos, while men seek honor and glory in the eyes of their beloved deities.
After many years of research and piecing together sources, now comes the first known holy text ever presented for the Ásatrú faith. Giving these ancestral accounts in their true, epic form, The Ásatrú Edda is designed as a religious work by and for the men and women of this path. In reconstructing this sacred epic, the idea is to create a living storytelling tradition that will honor the legacy of the ancient Teutonic peoples, while providing an in-depth source of Ásatrú wisdom for our modern world.

---

Information:
Format: PDF
Print length: 424 pages (PDF version 417 pages, several blank pages removed)
Publisher: iUniverse (April 24, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1440131783
ISBN-13: 978-1440131783

---

Comment:
For a starter: I will not get into any sort of “There is no such thing as an Asatru Bible” arguments, nor any kind of disputes regarding the validity of Viktor Rydberg's interpretation of the Eddas, which admittedly sometimes can be a bit free, to say the least. [DerHammer] releasing this document, doesn't mean we regard it as some sort of unquestionable authority.
Anyhow, I regard the works of Rydberg to be highly valuable; especially for those of us who are “Edda nerds”, that really like to dig into different translations and interpretations.

That being said, I'll just briefly tell you about this [DerHammer] edition of The Asatru Edda:
It's based on a PDF I found somewhere else, which was about 10 MB in size. I shrunk it to about 3,5 MB's, and still added the back cover just for good measure.
Moreover – and more importantly – I applied the (up to that date) known errors in the text, as summed up in the study guide - which is available free for download directly from The Norroena Society. A few of the errors, I could not fix - as these had to do with the nature of the text itself. I felt it wasn't suitable for me to make such changes to a text not written by me.
A complete TOC (PDF “Bookmarks”) has been added to both files, except for the extensive (and in eReader rather pointless) Personal Synopsis. If you decide to print the Study Guide, you might have use for it – and then you'll need no PDF Bookmarks anyway.

Finally, both the documents have been margin cut to suit handheld devices better, and seems to work very well on any device capable of handling PDF files. I'd rather read it on a larger device, unless you fancy using landscape mode on a smaller smartphone.

Share and seed until Ragnarök!

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.07 MB
seeders:9
leechers:1
The Ásatrú Edda: Sacred Lore of the North + Study Guide [DerHammer] (PDF)