1 Giant Leap - What About Me DVD 2 of 2 (2008) DVD (vobs) DW Staff Approved

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on June 11, 2009 by in TV
Torrent verified.

1 Giant Leap - What About Me DVD 2 of 2 (2008) DVD (vobs) DW Staff Approved (Size: 4.36 GB)
 VIDEO_TS.bup40 KB
 VIDEO_TS.ifo40 KB
 VIDEO_TS.vob129.2 MB
 VTS_01_0.bup122 KB
 VTS_01_0.ifo122 KB
 VTS_01_0.vob94.56 MB
 VTS_01_1.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_2.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_3.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_4.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_5.vob143.93 MB

Description

This torrent was uploaded from www.TheBox.bz (signup is open and free) - the home of all British TV

1 Giant Leap: What About Me? (DVD 2 of 2) (2008) [DVD (VOBs)] **DW Staff Approved**

Official Site: http://www.whataboutme.tv/
/>

Review
Amazon.co.uk
1 Giant Leap has created a unique music, TV and film project. Featuring an incredibly diverse collection of collaborators from Noam Chomsky to Will Young, Maxi Jazz to Tim Robbins, Billy Connolly to Michael Stipe. What About Me? is the culmination of 4 years' work by Duncan Bridgeman and Jamie Catto. They visited 50 global locations collecting wisdom and musical jewels. Then they lovingly pieced them together into the TV and film mosaic that is What About Me?. It's an inspiring and alarming look at our collective insanity: how we are ego-driven, needy in relationships, insatiable in desire, addicted to status, wounded by childhood and unable to stop thinking, but how we still manage to be inspired and creative.

While Duncan and Jamie sought out wisdom from the likes of Noam Chomsky, Eckhart Tolle and Stephen Fry and the cream of the world's thinkers, writers, and entertainers they also met many people just getting on with their lives – gravediggers, taxi drivers, brain surgeons, street kids... Unscripted, with no storyboard, these conversations all reveal how we are connected not only through our creativity and our beliefs but most of all through our madness!

When Duncan and Jamie left on their global journey they thought they were in control but how could they predict what would happen.

Starting with pre-composed backing tracks in a laptop studio, the music grows as each layer is added, seamlessly mixing international stars like Alanis Morissette, KD Lang and Michael Franti with Bedouin Musicians, Chinese rappers, Gabonese Pygmies, Tuvan throat singers, Egyptian folk musicians, Japanese taiko drummers, and also the royalty of today's world music scene including Baaba Maal, Lila Downs, Rokia Traore, Oumou Sangare, Zap Mama.

Synopsis
Both a project and a group, 1 Giant Leap consists of Jamie Catto, a founding member of Faithless, and studio guru Duncan Bridgeman. Musicians, storytellers, filmmakers, artists, and thinkers from many different cultures contribute their words, rhythms, and images from around the world in celebration of creative diversity. WHAT ABOUT ME? is the second release from the duo, following their double Grammy nominated film and album (1 Giant Leap), and offers another unique and inspiring journey through world music.

Although it is difficult to separate the whole project into parts, here we've done it for the sake of TB rules. This is Disc 2 of the DVD set. It contains the TV series/documentary, which originally aired on April 23, 2008 on Channel 4. It provides most of the raw material and rough edit for the full two hour main feature. The TV series consists of seven chapters:

1. Bombardment
2. Wounded In All The Right Places
3. Men & Women
4. Love & Need
5. The Wanting & The Freedom
6. Grace
7. The Journey

Trailer for Channel 4, UK:
http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/tag/what-about-me/

IMDb: 1 Giant Leap: What About Me? (2008)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1297833/

Thanks to Davveywolf for approving the upload:
http://thebox.bz/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=16436

File Information

Size: 4.36 GB (4,680,843,268 bytes)
Source Format: DVD PAL (WS)
Duration: 2:44:52
Bit Rate: 37049.00 Mbps
Video Tracks: 224 MPEG-2, 720

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.36 GB