(1964) Earl Hines UP TO DATE [Dtritus]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on March 15, 2015 by Dtritusin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

(1964) Earl Hines UP TO DATE [Dtritus] (Size: 187.92 MB)
 06. xxIt Had to Be You.flac30.21 MB
 17. A Cottage for Sale.flac16.61 MB
 12. The Hour of Parting.flac16.61 MB
 04. I've Got The World On A String.flac15.06 MB
 09. The Man With the Horn.flac14.45 MB
 08. The Father's Gateway.flac13.92 MB
 07. xxA Cottage for Sale.flac13.91 MB
 03. It's a Pity to Say Goodnight.flac12.83 MB
 05. Sunday.flac10.81 MB
 02. Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams (And Dream Your Troubles Away).flac10.21 MB
 01. Linger Awhile.flac9.87 MB
 10. But Not for Me.flac9.79 MB
 11. Everything Depends on You.flac9.58 MB
 Cover.jpg17.6 KB
 riplog.log12.65 KB
 load.m3u81.06 KB
 2.text #2.jpg823.36 KB
 3.text #3.jpg779.36 KB
 4.text #4.jpg774.02 KB
 tracks.jpg501.46 KB
 1.discography, text #1.jpg489.15 KB
 Back.jpg410.48 KB
 Front.jpg363.18 KB

Description

***********************ABOUT THIS UPLOAD************************

source is an ADD CD released in 1988 with a different cover than the pic acquired through EAC My copy is on RCA BLUEBIRD

track #8 has been given 2 different titles over the years: FATHER'S FREEWAY (scans with this upload) or THE FATHER'S GATEWAY (listed title for trk#8) My extraction speed was painfully slow so I didn't bother re-ripping to change the title

Earl Hines deserves more credit as a seminal/fundamental influence determining how jazz piano is played. He was more important stylistically than Art Tatum (Tatum was "GOD" decades before Eric Clapton). This is not the same as saying Hines is better than Tatum. A claim like that could be embarrassing.

My favorite thing about these recordings is the musicianship of Budd Johnson. I've tagged 2 tracks as favorites because of Budd's exquisite bluesy saxophone solos. He plays soprano, tenor, and bari with equal facility and feeling....truly an OLD MASTER. This is most clearly evident when he's performing with Hines. An even better record is the live Village Vanguard performance from JUN-1965 on Columbia. If this upload is well received I will upload that one in the future......Dt

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
187.92 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
(1964) Earl Hines UP TO DATE [Dtritus]

All Comments

Wonderful recording, thank you very much.
Forgot to ask: How come you left out tracks 13~16 & 18?
I've got a few quirks and habits, and way too many opinions.

Since I intend to keep seeding most of my uploads, and since I'm more and more using my torrent client for playback of my favorite music through a stereo, I sometimes don't rip tracks that I normally wouldn't listen to myself. This usually includes alternates and breakdown takes. I knew that this might annoy some of my fellow music lovers who may enjoy acquiring every available track by their favorite musicians. I've included #17 here because Budd Johnson plays bari-sax so wonderfully. I'm also pretty tough on vocalists. Too often (IMO), otherwise excellent music is degraded instead of being enhanced by vocals, but I ramble. You should hear the 1965 LIVE @ VILLAGE VANGUARD recording of "FATHA" Hines. A fearless master improviser.
Also,his swing era big band was one of the best......right up there with the likes of Jimmy Lunceford or Fletcher Henderson.
Hey, thanks for responding. Understand your answer since my hard drive must be loaded with a terabyte of tracks I never listen to. Couldn't agree more about Budd Johnson.
Grabbing Live At The Village Vanguard and Reunion over at BTDIGG now.
Terrific playing! Please keep them coming.