3 Maths Puzzle Books (gnv64)

seeders: 8
leechers: 0
Added on August 14, 2010 by in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

3 Maths Puzzle Books (gnv64) (Size: 10.43 MB)
 Mathematical Entertainments - A Collection of Illuminating Puzzles, New and Old.pdf3.1 MB
 Mathematical Puzzles for the Connoisseur.pdf4.27 MB
 THINK OF A NUMBER.pdf3.06 MB
 Torrent downloaded from AhaShare.com.txt59 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt47 bytes

Description

I had earlier uploaded 9 books of Maths puzzles & Teasers.

See http://1337x.org/torrent/93802
/>
This torrent contains the following 3 more books:

====================================

M. H Greenblatt, "Mathematical entertainments;: A collection of illuminating puzzles, new and old"

Crowell | 1965 | ISBN: N/A | ASIN: B0006BMUZQ | 160 pages | File type: PDF | 3.1 mb

from the Introduction:

My reasons for writing this book may very well con-

tain a clue for its understanding and enjoyment.

First, there are a great many beautiful and elegant

facts and proofs in mathematics, which are published in widely varying places, if at all. I would like to shout

about these problems froln the housetops, but have chosen the more dignified, and probably more efficacious, method of writing a book about them.

Second, many people consider mathematics to be a

very boring, complicated subject. I hope to show that

some facets of mathematics can be quite simple and interesting, although they are not obviously so at first

glance.

Third, some of the most beautiful solutions of prob-

lems, of which I, alas, am not the originator, do not

appear anywhere to the best of my knowledge.

P. M. H Kendall, "Mathematical puzzles for the connoisseur"

Crowell | 1971 | ISBN: N/A | ASIN: B0006W418O | 161 pages | File type: PDF | 4.27 mb

from the Preface:

Nearly all puzzle books published today grossly underestimate the intelligence of their public. The reader can no longer be entertained with the simple match-trick or coin puzzles, neither does he want to see problems purely mathematical in nature, such as can be found in any textbook. We have tried to produce a book of those puzzles which lie between the two extremes.

Although most of the problems can be solved by logic and common sense, some of them may also be solved more elegantly by mathematics.

The essential ingredients of a good puzzle are not hard to establish. It should be ingenious but clear, complete yet concise, if possible amusing, and have a unique solution. It is for our readers to decide how many of these puzzles bear comparison with this ideal.

Completely new ideas for puzzles are unfortunately rare and so we do not apologise for including a few of the "Aged but not infirm". Many of the problems are original and we claim to have improved others.

M. E. Lines, "Think of a Number"

Taylor Francis | 1990 | ISBN: 0852741839 | 172 pages | File type: PDF | 3.1 mb

How many colors are needed to color a map? Must hailstones numbers always fall to the ground? Can statistics prove anything? What is a perfect square, and who has found the ultimate one? How do numbers affect national security? What kinds of problems confront the traveling salesman? Does anyone know how best to pack balls together? What is life like in 4 (or 3 1/2) dimensions? How does a clock count, and why should we care? What number secrets do sunflowers and pine cones conceal? What is a monster doing in mathematics?

These and many other fascinating questions about familiar numbers like 1, 2, and 3 are explored in Malcolm Line's second adventure into the world of numbers. Written in a lively and readable style, Think of a Number relates the story of some of the most famousproblems that have confronted the world's experts over the centuries, from the earliest interests of the ancient Greeks to the very cutting-edge of modern research involving today's most powerful computers. The book explores the relationship between numbers and nature in its broadest sense and discovers the beauty of fractals and chaos. Requiring little or no prior knowledge of mathematics, this resource will be fascinating reading for anyone with an interest in numbers and their role in the natural world.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
10.43 MB
seeders:8
leechers:0
3 Maths Puzzle Books (gnv64)

All Comments

many thanks
good puzzle..
NOCE ONE...