A Celtic Miscellany - Translations from the Celtic Literature (Penguin Classics)

seeders: 10
leechers: 0
Added on February 9, 2014 by ZamKhanin Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

A Celtic Miscellany - Translations from the Celtic Literature (Penguin Classics) (Size: 841.23 KB)
 A Celtic Miscellany_ Selected a - Kenneth Jackson.epub786.82 KB
 Cover.jpg52.13 KB
 metadata.opf2.28 KB

Description

Including works from Welsh, Irish and Scottish Gaelic, Cornish, Breton, and Manx, this "Celtic Miscellany" offers a rich blend of poetry and prose from the eighth to the nineteenth century, and provides a unique insight into the minds and literature of the Celtic people. It is a literature dominated by a deep sense of wonder, wild inventiveness and a profound sense of the uncanny, in which the natural world and the power of the individual spirit are celebrated with astonishing imaginative force. Skifully arranged by theme, from the hero-tales of Cu Chulainn, Bardic poetry and elegies, to the sensitive and intimate writings of early Celtic Christianity, this anthology provides a fascinating insight into a deeply creative literary tradition.

Customer Reviews
This is a terrific and pretty comprehensive collection of Celtic poetry and prose. Everything is nicely indexed according to what style of writing it is, and what the subject is, in the table of contents. Under each poem or whathaveyou is a description of where the work comes from, when it dates from, and who (if it is known) wrote the work.
You'll find Welsh, Breton, Cornish, Scots-Gaelic, and Irish works of art here. I know I've often been dissapointed before to buy a book on "Celtic" poetry to find out it was only on Irish works.
To top it all off there is a huge list of end-notes. These explain all those obscure references you'll find in old poetry. Don't know where Aberffraw is, but its in your favorite poem? Flip to the back and find out.
I'm very pleased with this book. I can use it for my classes, simply by looking up a topic and browsing over the many selected works. And I also read it for pleasure, I find the section on humorous works especially enjoyable.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
841.23 KB
seeders:10
leechers:0
A Celtic Miscellany - Translations from the Celtic Literature (Penguin Classics)

All Comments

many thanks 4 sharing these contents
Awesome!
thanks
Thank you :)