A Chance For Darkness - Joshua Mercott - [N27]

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on April 29, 2016 by flambokidin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

A Chance For Darkness - Joshua Mercott - [N27] (Size: 451.32 KB)
 A Chance For Darkness - Joshua Mercott.epub332.98 KB
 Cover.jpg118.34 KB

Description

A Chance for Darkness (The Dark Seraph Series) (Volume 1) by Joshua Mercott

English | EPUB | ISBN-10: 1909879533 | ISBN-13: 978-1909879539

June 1, 2015 | Penrose Publishing

Science Fiction & Fantasy

CONTENTS

37 Chapters

Excerpt:

“Take the strongest stuff you’ve got, mix it with the second strongest, put ’em in a pitcher and slide ’em my way.”

The bartender stared at Max as though he’d walked into his establishment on receiving release papers from an asylum. Someone moved up to the jukebox and it started playing Roll with me Henry.

“I’m afraid in all my years working here, mister, I’ve never come across such a cocktail.”

“That’s ’coz it’s a metaphor. My ambition tonight is to get stinkin’ drunk and you’re the wizard who’s gonna make that thingamadoodoo possible.”

Max Lineman caught a glimpse of himself in the bar mirror. He knew he was average in every way. He had always recognised this ‘medium’ quality in himself. Medium height, looks, physique, style, all except his attitude. Ironically, this quiet self-knowledge gave him an unusual level of attractiveness amidst all that forgettable mediocrity, as the women of his younger days will confirm.

His rational attitude endeared him to the people he worked with. Unfortunately, this confidence inspiring quality had a tendency to perform its own weird dance. He could be good and he could be bad, rude and polite, smart and dumb, all depending on the occasion and the people in it, and how much alcohol he had inside him. Professionally speaking, this made Max unpredictable and therefore an unreliable Private Eye.

He’d earned his fair share of clients and ‘nabbed’ a fair share of their problems. But it wasn’t enough. Max was more down than up these days, ever since unemployment came knocking. It began when his clients started favouring small-and-steady results. They liked corporate procedure over field experience. They discarded good old-fashioned determination, and—not to put too fine a point on it—balls, that Max brought to bear on his cases. That and a little too much alcohol. Truth be told he felt he was just too old. He’d gathered a little too much experience in his line of work that made him realise anything he did wasn’t worth a damn.

“I mean, what will we take with us when we die?” he said to himself in the middle of his thought process. He didn’t know he was speaking out loud.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
451.32 KB
seeders:2
leechers:0
A Chance For Darkness - Joshua Mercott - [N27]