A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing [PDF]

seeders: 25
leechers: 0
Added on February 19, 2014 by samsexy98in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing [PDF] (Size: 3.87 MB)
 A Universe from Nothing Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing.PlentyofeBooks.net.zip3.87 MB

Description

A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing

Lawrence Krauss | 2013 | 208 Pages | PDF | English | ISBN-13: 978-1451624465 | 3.87 MB

Description:

Bestselling author and acclaimed physicist Lawrence Krauss offers a paradigm-shifting view of how everything that exists came to be in the first place.

"Where did the universe come from? What was there before it? What will the future bring? And finally, why is there something rather than nothing?"

One of the few prominent scientists today to have crossed the chasm between science and popular culture, Krauss describes the staggeringly beautiful experimental observations and mind-bending new theories that demonstrate not only can something arise from nothing, something will always arise from nothing. With a new preface about the significance of the discovery of the Higgs particle, A Universe from Nothing uses Krauss's characteristic wry humor and wonderfully clear explanations to take us back to the beginning of the beginning, presenting the most recent evidence for how our universe evolved--and the implications for how it's going to end.

Provocative, challenging, and delightfully readable, this is a game-changing look at the most basic underpinning of existence and a powerful antidote to outmoded philosophical, religious, and scientific thinking.

Reviews:

"In A Universe from Nothing, Lawrence Krauss has written a thrilling introduction to the current state of cosmology--the branch of science that tells us about the deep past and deeper future of everything. As it turns out, everything has a lot to do with nothing--and nothing to do with God. This is a brilliant and disarming book."
--Sam Harris, author of The Moral Landscape

"In this clear and crisply written book, Lawrence Krauss outlines the compelling evidence that our complex cosmos has evolved from a hot, dense state and how this progress has emboldened theorists to develop fascinating speculations about how things really began."
--Martin Rees, author of Our Final Hour

"Lively and humorous as well as informative... As compelling as it is intriguing."
--Publishers Weekly

"His arguments for the birth of the universe out of nothingness from a physical, rather than theological, beginning not only are logical but celebrate the wonder of our natural universe. Recommended."
--Library Journal

"The author delivers plenty of jolts in this enthusiastic and lucid but demanding overview of the universe, which includes plenty of mysteries--but its origin isn't among them. A thoughtful, challenging book."
--Kirkus

About the Author/s:

Lawrence M. Krauss is director of the Origins Project at Arizona State University. He is the author of more than 300 scientific publications and nine books, including the bestselling The Physics of Star Trek, and the recipient of numerous international awards for his research and writing. Hailed by Scientific American as a "rare scientific public intellectual," he is also a regular columnist for newspapers and magazines and appears frequently on radio and television.

Check out my other books:

=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=
No Password or Surveys. Guaranteed!!!

Please seed the torrent if you want to Help :)
=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
3.87 MB
seeders:25
leechers:0
A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing [PDF]

All Comments

Thank you! Good food for the reason!
No TOC or tags for the programmatic librarian. No doubt these are limitations imposed by Freedom Press as opposed to the uploader.

Pardon my opinion, but this topic has been in my thoughts to some degree since before I was even born. While the author feigns scientific proof of something, the overwhelming majority of the text merely chips away at the possibility of "Nothing." Though I couldn't read the text (and then again) more quickly, "Something" is only ever suggested as a product of human perception/theory. Lack of "Nothing" ends up (illogically) as the proof of something, defying a basic tenant of logical argumentation. (sigh)

The author opens with a candid dismissal of the notion that creation requires a creator, only to make straw-man argument favouring 'realism' as opposed to scientific/mathematical proofs in set theory or some intellectual equivalent. In summary the author pointedly claims, in no uncertain terms, that their basis for their beliefs "seems to be the most intellectual alternative to them" but presumes readers will draw their own conclusions. All this with no scientific, mathematical or even philosophically consistent proof.

This is an editorial opinionated diatribe of uninspired authorship. Likewise, this is an emotional diatribe by a reader hoping to glean even a fragment of truth to a life-long question. Apologies for addressing the content in addition to the torrent. And as always, thank you Sam bearing gifts.
I am so happy to see such comments. I really appreciate the time you took
It should be noted here that his universe is not from 'nothing', it still requires the existence of some abstract framework like quantum mechanics. I love Krauss but he seems to be reaching a bit here, or at least sidestepping a more broad debate we need to have about nothingness. lol
Is it that the concept of nothingness is meaningless or could there have been nothingness and there is something because there is necessary about physics. So I'm more of the opinion that true nothingness is impossible, a contradiction.
To comment on your "Nothing" and "Something" a bit. Krauss uses language to describe math which then describes universe. I think it's fair to say much gets lost in translation. And as you state, the 2 definitions contradict themselves, though only with language description, in philosophical therms, not in math. If you presume that one state exist, the name doesn't really matter in our understanding of the universe because there is nothing that contradicts it. Nothing vs. something conundrum, would be fair to attribute to early mistake in philosophy.
Thank you.
Great book. Thanks. Too bad it won't help those already entrenched in solely ignorance based creationism.
I'm far from a creationist or believer in God, but redefining "nothing" and just claiming that nothing (which is supposed to have no properties) has the property of instability doesn't help to answer "The Ultimate Question" either. It only pushes it back one level further. Claiming the quantum field is the answer to everything is pretty much the same as claiming "God did it, end of the story and now shut up!".
But this thought may be caused by my ignorance, but I've not yet found an answer to it either.
Word "nothing" has being disputed in linguistic and philosophy and has been defined as not having properties(wrong). That doesn't apply to physics partially as we can't yet fully comprehend the universe. There is always something. Dark matter, dark energy and only 5% ordinary matter. The concept of nothingness is an easy-to-make early mistake in philosophy. For e.g. as there was no matter beffore The Big Bang because it was created at the time of TBB, asking to ascribe matter-like state or matterless state (or state of nothingness) would be pointless and wrong. I think :D