Accelrys Materials Studio v6 Windows-CLoNY ISO

seeders: 5
leechers: 0
Added on August 20, 2012 by rajeshtherealin Applications > Windows
Torrent verified.

Accelrys Materials Studio v6 Windows-CLoNY ISO (Size: 671.85 MB)
 Accelrys.Materials.Studio.v6.Windows-CLoNY.iso671.85 MB
 CLoNY.nfo2.97 KB

Description

Accelrys.Materials.Studio.v6
Accelrys Materials Studio is a comprehensive materials modeling and simulation application
designed for scientists in chemicals and materials research and development as well as
pharmaceuticals development,catalysts, polymers and composites, metals and alloys, batteries and
fuelcells,nanotechnology and more.
Materials Studio is a software environment that brings the world's most
advanced and validated materials simulation technology to desktop computing,visualization tools
solving key problems throughout the R&D process. Offering advanced
and access to the complete range of computational materials science methods , Materials Studio
is designed for structural and computational researchers in chemicals and materials R&D who need
to perform modeling and simulations tasks in an easy-to-learn yet powerful environment.

The Materials Studio 6.0 release includes a host of integrated product
enhancements ? ranging from advanced instrument simulation and visualization
tools to new and improved parallel codes.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
671.85 MB
seeders:5
leechers:0
Accelrys Materials Studio v6 Windows-CLoNY ISO

All Comments

**** SOLUTION: licensing problems ********

The installation instructions failed to mention one thing -- a minor edit must be made to the license file (i.e. "CLoNY.lic") before installing it in with Accelrys's License Administrator. The first line of the file reads:

"SERVER this_host ANY 27000"

However, 'this_host' is just a placeholder for the actual name of the computer that Accelrys has been installed on and needs to be changed to the actual name of your computer. On Windows machines this can be found in Windows' System Properties. (e.g. on WinXP, right-click, My Computer, select Properties, and then select the Computer Name tab in the System Properties dialog window that pops up). Now, simply open "CLoNY.lic" in a text editor , change 'this_host' to your computer name, and save. Accelrys's License Administrator will now accept the license as valid and Accelrys Material Studio should now be 100% working. (Emphasis on "should" because while this method has solved license rejections the vast majority of the time in my experience, it doesn't always work.)

NOTE: Sometimes Accelrys stops accepting the license as valid after awhile. This seems to be due to the Accelrys License Server service that runs in the background all the time. Completing shutting down the service by stopping it and changing its startup type to "Disabled" should prevent any future license rejection issues and has had no negative impact at all on Accelrys Material Studio functioning properly in my experience.
The license is not working.