Achievement: The Righting of a Great Wrong, 1914-1918 - Ian W. Hall [epub]

seeders: 13
leechers: 5
Added on January 6, 2016 by marty14in Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Achievement: The Righting of a Great Wrong, 1914-1918 - Ian W. Hall [epub] (Size: 1.41 MB)
 Achievement, The Righting of a Great Wrong, 1914-1918 - Ian W Hall.epub1.41 MB

Description

Dorset author, Ian Hall, has written a fascinating new book that examines the conditions that allowed one nation, Germany, to justify a war in continental Europe on a scale never before possible, sending more than eighty army divisions to invade its neighbours in what can be described as the first industrial war. Achievement also examines why Britain, at that time one of the world’s greatest industrial and Imperial powers, could only send six divisions to join the party and wonders at the accomplishment of expanding such a force to more than fifty divisions just four years later.

‘In Achievement I offer a plain man’s guide to the Great War, an opportunity for those new to the subject to learn about events leading up to and during the course of the war. It is a starting point for those who want to know more of this epic war on which the future of Europe hung,’ says Ian. ‘I argue that Britain’s army became the major component of the allied forces that defeated the Germans. An essential aspect of this success, despite contrary claims, was that British casualties were significantly less than other combatant nations,’ he adds.

The British army, from its most senior commanders down, are scrutinised. The decisions they faced and examples of the courage of the fighting men and the casualties that resulted are all considered in this encompassing monograph on the Great War.

‘The book is a personal tribute based on my assessment of the quality, determination and resolution in the face of enormous odds that was needed, daily and hourly, by the soldiers that fought in the Great War,’ comments Ian.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.41 MB
seeders:13
leechers:5
Achievement: The Righting of a Great Wrong, 1914-1918 - Ian W. Hall [epub]

All Comments

Another awesome upload! Thanks so much!
You're welcome