Adam Nightingale - The Shipwreck Cannibals. Captain John Dean and the Boon Island Flesh Eating Scandal [2014][A]

seeders: 8
leechers: 3
Added on July 11, 2014 by Anette14in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Adam Nightingale - The Shipwreck Cannibals. Captain John Dean and the Boon Island Flesh Eating Scandal [2014][A] (Size: 7.85 MB)
 Adam Nightingale - The Shipwreck Cannibals [2014][A].epub4.06 MB
 Adam Nightingale - The Shipwreck Cannibals [2014][A].pdf3.13 MB
 folder.jpg412.33 KB
 Front Cover.jpg268.52 KB

Description

Product Details
Book Title: The Shipwreck Cannibals: Captain John Dean and the Boon Island Flesh Eating Scandal
Book Author: Adam Nightingale (Author)
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: The History Press (February 1, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 075248723X
ISBN-13: 978-0752487236

Book Description
Publication Date: February 1, 2014
In the fierce winter of 1710, in a North American port, a boat ferried ten shipwreck survivors to the safety of shore. Fourteen Englishmen had taken refuge on Boon Island, a sparse 100-yard long stretch of rock, without food or adequate shelter, uncertain of when or if they would be rescued. They endured for 24 days. An escape attempt failed and four men died. Facing starvation, their captain, John Deare, gave the order to butcher and eat a member of the crew. Deane's decision fended off starvation and sustained his crew until rescue. John Deane emerged as unlikely hero. But an alternative version of events began to circulate. The First Mate painted Deane as a murderous fraudster, tyrant and an enthusiastic consumer of human flesh. Centering on the scandal that defined him, The Shipwreck Cannibals tells the forgotten story of John Deane; criminal, mercenary, gentleman, diplomat and cannibal.

About the Author
Adam Nightingale is the author of Heroes & Villains of Nottingham and Masters of Crime.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
7.85 MB
seeders:8
leechers:3
Adam Nightingale - The Shipwreck Cannibals. Captain John Dean and the Boon Island Flesh Eating Scandal [2014][A]

All Comments

Thanks for the awesome upload
I'm glad you liked it.
Perfect clear PDF copy. Reminded me of the book “Long Pig” by Russell Foreman that I read in the 60s.
Thanks for taking the time to upload.