Albert Collins The Iceman Cometh(blues)(flac)[rogercc][h33t]

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on July 24, 2009 by in Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Albert Collins The Iceman Cometh(blues)(flac)[rogercc][h33t] (Size: 396.96 MB)
 Lights Are On, but Nobody's Home.flac41.43 MB
 Tired Man (live).flac35.76 MB
 Things I Used to Do (live).flac33.43 MB
 Master Charge.flac32.48 MB
 Frosty (live).flac31.94 MB
 When a Guitar Plays the Blues.flac31.6 MB
 BRICK.flac30.2 MB
 Ego trip.flac29.78 MB
 Hooked On You.flac29.11 MB
 Don't Lose Your Cool.flac28.34 MB
 Highway is Like a Woman.flac28.07 MB
 Give Me My Blues.flac26.47 MB
 Too Tired.flac18.29 MB
 Cover.jpg74.91 KB
 The Ice Axe Cometh.log6.04 KB
 tracked_by_h33t_com.txt23 bytes

Description

ALBERT COLLINS THE ICE AXE COMETH

CD Released : March 1990

Surveying Albert Collins' career from 1978 to 1986

Format: Flac(AEC)

Albert Collins (1932 - 1993) was a blues guitarist, singer and musician. He had many nicknames from fans, such as "The Ice Man" and "The Master of the Telecaster". His unique style emerged from those of Texas, Chicago & Mississippi.

Born in Leona, Texas.Collins was a distant relative of Lightnin' Hopkins and grew up learning about music and playing guitar. His family moved to Houston, Texas when he was seven. Throughout the 1940s and 1950s, he absorbed the blues sounds and styles from Texas, Mississippi and Chicago. His style would soon envelop these sounds.

Collins will be remembered not only for the quantity of quality blues music that he put out throughout his career that has inspired so many other blues musicians, but also for his live performances, where he would frequently come down from the stage and mingle with the audience whilst still playing

A instance of Collins' humorous stage presence was recounted in the film documentary, Antones: Austin's Home of the Blues. Collins left the building, still plugged in and playing. Several minutes after Collins returned to the stage, a pizza delivery man came in and gave Collins the pizza he had just ordered when he left the building. Collins had gone to Milto's Pizza & Pasta through an adjoining alley and ordered while he was still playing.

Collins has influenced many artists and did collaborations with Ronnie Wood, Jimmy Page, Robert Cray, Keith Richards, Jeff Beck, Stevie Ray Vaughan, B.B. King and Eric Clapton

Track Listings

1. Brick

2. Ego Trip

3. Lights Are On But Nobody's At Home

4. Too Tired

5. Don't Lose Your Cool

6. Give Me My Blues

7. Highway Is Like A Woman

8. Frosty

9. Things I Used To Do

10. Tired Man

11. Master Charge