Alison Moyet- Hometime (2002) VBR

seeders: 4
leechers: 8
Added on May 26, 2013 by farth2in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Alison Moyet- Hometime (2002) VBR (Size: 62.55 MB)
 10 The Train I Ride.mp37.09 MB
 08 If You Don't Come Back to Me.mp36.54 MB
 01 Yesterday's Flame.mp36.44 MB
 07 Ski.mp36.22 MB
 11 You Don't Have to Go.mp36.19 MB
 03 More.mp35.99 MB
 02 Should I Feel That It's Over.mp35.94 MB
 06 Say it.mp35.66 MB
 05 Mary, Don't Keep Me Waiting.mp35.1 MB
 09 Do You Ever Wonder.mp34.62 MB
 04 Hometime.mp32.74 MB
 Alison-Moyet-Hometime.jpg22.07 KB

Description

Alison Moyet- Hometime

Year 2002

Tracks

1. Yesterday's Flame
2. Should I Feel That It's Over
3. More
4. Hometime
5. Mary, Don't Keep Me Waiting
6. Say It
7. Ski
8. If You Don't Come Back To Me
9. Do You Ever Wonder
10. The Train I Ride
11. You Don't Have To Go

"Nothing's cold as yesterday's flame", opines Alison Moyet on the opening number of Hometime, the first album from the mature pop/blues singer and Yazoo founder in eight years. Indeed, although once a force to be reckoned with in the 1980s, (1995's career-retrospective Singles duly reached Number 1 in the UK album charts), there seems to be little commercial elbow room for female artists these days. That said, despite lengthy bouts of hibernation through family commitments and loss of self-confidence ("If you're heart isn't in it, pull away and start again" is the very first, rather confessional, line on the album), Moyet is a hardy dame and Hometime is a belated but nevertheless welcome return to the soulful pop stridency and sad, blues-hued tunesmithery at which she excels.
Featuring eight songs cowritten with guitarist Pete Glenister, a further two from singer and musician Carlton McCarthy plus subtle dance textures from Massive Attack collaborators The Insects, this is largely excellent and rationally contemporary stuff--"Should I Feel That It's Over" offers the oestrogen equivalent of David Bowie style pop and Moyet's best vocal performance in years while "Do you Ever Wonder?" is conceivably what Dusty Springfield could have sounded like today. The album's one red herring and unexpected delight is the magical, sinister-toned neo-psych-folk of "Mary, Don't Keep Me Waiting", all staccato con brio fiddles, acoustic guitar, dreamy flutes, a backwards electric guitar solo redolent of Richard Thompson and something or other about finding comfort in trees.
There can scarcely be a more familiar pop music voice from the last 20 years than that of Alison Moyet. Since bursting on to the scene in the early eighties as one half of Yazoo, Alison has had incredible chart success with such instantly recognisable hits as Nobody’s Diary, Don’t Go, Only You, All Cried Out, Love Resurrection, Love Letters, That Old Devil Called Love and Weak In The Presence Of Beauty. Her most recent Singles collection has sold around 1million copies.
Alison has recently appeared to enormous acclaim in the West End hit Chicago – erstwhile home to Claire Sweeney, Marti Pellow and Denise Van Outen.
Sanctuary Records are enormously proud to announce the release of Alison Moyet’s first album of new material in eight years. Hometime has been produced by studio-wizards-of-the-moment The Insects at Massive Attack’s studio and will delight Alison’s many fans and surprise, even shock, all who hear it - such is its depth and quality.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
62.55 MB
seeders:4
leechers:8
Alison Moyet- Hometime (2002) VBR