Alvin Toffler - Future Shock (1970) audio book video

seeders: 1
leechers: 1
Added on September 3, 2014 by mikem777in Books > Audio books
Torrent verified.

Alvin Toffler - Future Shock (1970) audio book video (Size: 663.36 MB)
 Alvin Toffler - Future Shock (1970).pdf2.35 MB
 Alvin Toffler - Future Shock edited.txt859.3 KB
 Alvin Toffler - Future Shock.txt967.66 KB
 Future Shock - Narrated by Orson Welles (1972).mp4251.88 MB
 Future Shock.jpg65.19 KB
 Future Shock.mp3406.25 MB
 Future Shock.pdf1.03 MB
 Torrent downloaded from concen.org.txt41 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ph.txt47 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from kat.to.txt42 bytes
 shock.nfo2.35 KB

Description

audio book, ebook and film

Future Shock is a book written by the futurist Alvin Toffler in 1970. In the book, Toffler defines the term "future shock" as a certain psychological state of individuals and entire societies. His shortest definition for the term is a personal perception of "too much change in too short a period of time". The book, which became an international bestseller, grew out of an article "The Future as a Way of Life" in Horizon magazine, Summer 1965 issue. The book has sold over 6 million copies and has been widely translated.

Toffler argued that society is undergoing an enormous structural change, a revolution from an industrial society to a "super-industrial society". This change overwhelms people. He believed the accelerated rate of technological and social change left people disconnected and suffering from "shattering stress and disorientation"—future shocked. Toffler stated that the majority of social problems are symptoms of future shock. In his discussion of the components of such shock, he popularized the term "information overload."

His analysis of the phenomenon of information overload is continued in his later publications, especially The Third Wave and Power-shift.

In the introduction to an essay entitled "Future Shlock" in his book, Conscientious Objections, Neil Postman wrote:

"Sometime about the middle of 1963, my colleague Charles Weingartner and I delivered in tandem an address to the National Council of Teachers of English. In that address we used the phrase "future shock" as a way of describing the social paralysis induced by rapid technological change. To my knowledge, Weingartner and I were the first people ever to use it in a public forum. Of course, neither Weingartner nor I had the brains to write a book called Future Shock, and all due credit goes to Alvin Toffler for having recognized a good phrase when one came along" (p. 162).

audio book: running time 14h:47m:19s, mp3, 64 kbps, 44.1 kHz, Mac computer voice Daniel UK

ebook: Alvin Toffler - Future Shock (1970).pdf

video: Future Shock (film)

Future Shock is a 1972 American short documentary film directed by Alex Grasshoff and narrated by Orson Welles. It was screened at the 1973 Cannes Film Festival, but wasn't entered into the main competition.[1] It is based on the book of the same name.

specs: 42h:11m

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
663.36 MB
seeders:1
leechers:1