America – 1971 - America (2013 Audio Fidelity SACD) [mp3@320]

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on June 22, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

• Artist: America
  • Format: mp3 - lossy

America – 1971 - America (2013 Audio Fidelity SACD) [mp3@320] (Size: 119.42 MB)
 01. Riverside.mp37.13 MB
 02. Sandman.mp311.85 MB
 03. Three Roses.mp39.1 MB
 04. Children.mp37.26 MB
 05. A Horse With No Name.mp39.76 MB
 06. Here.mp312.68 MB
 07. I Need You.mp37.25 MB
 08. Rainy Day.mp36.79 MB
 09. Never Found the Time.mp38.92 MB
 10. Clarice.mp39.33 MB
 11. Donkey Jaw.mp312.32 MB
 12. Pigeon Song.mp35.54 MB
 America – 1971 - America (2013 Audio Fidelity SACD) [mp3@320].txt6.28 KB
 folder.jpg159.75 KB
 Back.jpg926.71 KB
 Booklet 01-08.jpg1.71 MB
 Booklet 02-03.jpg1.93 MB
 Booklet 04-05.jpg1.97 MB
 Booklet 06-07.jpg1.88 MB
 Case Back.jpg813.88 KB
 casefront.jpg953.3 KB
 Disc.jpg564.07 KB
 Front.jpg663.12 KB

Description

All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

America – 1971 - America

(2013 Audio Fidelity SACD)

[mp3@320]

Wikipedia:
America is a rock band, formed in England in 1970 by multi-instrumentalists Dewey Bunnell, Dan Peek, and Gerry Beckley. The trio first met as sons of U.S. Air Force personnel stationed in London, where they began performing live. America achieved significant popularity in the 1970s, and was famous for the trio's close vocal harmonies and light acoustic folk sound. This popularity was confirmed by a string of hit albums and singles, many of which found airplay on pop/soft rock stations. The band came together shortly after the members' graduation from high school, and a record deal with Warner Bros. Records followed. Their debut, a 1971 self-titled album, produced the transatlantic hits "A Horse with No Name" and "I Need You"; Homecoming (1972) produced the single "Ventura Highway"; and Hat Trick (1973), a modest success on the charts which fared poorly in sales, produced one minor hit song "Muskrat Love". 1974's Holiday featured the hits "Tin Man" and "Lonely People"; and 1975's Hearts generated the number one single "Sister Golden Hair" alongside "Daisy Jane". History: America's Greatest Hits, a compilation of hit singles, was released the same year and was certified multi-platinum in the United States and Australia. Peek left the group in 1977 and their commercial fortunes declined, despite a brief return to the top in 1982 with the single "You Can Do Magic". Four decades into their career, the group continues to record material and tour with regularity. Their 2007 album Here & Now was a collaboration with a new generation of musicians who credited the band as an influence. America won a Grammy for Best New Artist at the 15th Annual Grammy Awards. The group has also been inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame and has received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

America (2013 Audio Fidelity SACD)

Artist: America
Title: America
Format: SACD, Hybrid, Stereo, Album, Limited Edition, Numbered, Remastered
Producer: America, Ian Samwell, Jeff Dexter
Release Date: December 29, 1971, (October 15, 2013)
Recorded: 1971 at Trident and Morgan Studios, London, U.K.
SACD Mastering: Steve Hoffman at Stephen Marsh Mastering
Label: Audio Fidelity
Catalog: AFZ-167
Barcode: 7 80014 21672 6
ASIN: B00EPLVZ2C
Genre: Rock, Folk Rock, Folk, Acoustic
Duration: 46:16

Wikipedia:
America is the eponymous debut album by America, released in 1971. It was initially released without "A Horse with No Name", which was released as a single in late 1971. When "Horse" became a worldwide hit in early 1972, the album was re-released with that track. The album went to No. 1 on the Billboard album chart in the United States and stayed there for five weeks. It produced two hit singles; "A Horse with No Name" spent three weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard singles chart in 1972 (it peaked at No. 3 on the Adult Contemporary chart), and "I Need You" hit No. 9 on the Billboard singles chart and No. 7 on the AC chart. Several other songs received radio airplay on FM stations playing album tracks, including "Sandman" (long-rumored to be about the United States Navy VQ-2 air squadron formerly based in Rota, Spain) and "Three Roses". The album was certified platinum by the RIAA for sales in excess of one million units in the U.S.

AllMusic Review by David Cleary:
America’s debut album is a folk-pop classic, a stellar collection of memorable songs that would prove influential on such acts as the Eagles and Dan Fogelberg. Crosby, Stills & Nash are the group’s obvious stylistic touchstone here, especially in the vocal harmonies used (compare the thick chordal singing of “Sandman” and “Children” to CS&N’s “You Don’t Have to Cry” and “Guinevere”) and the prominent use of active strummed acoustic guitar arrangements (contrast “Riverside” to CS&N’s “Suite: Judy Blue Eyes”). America’s intricate interplay of acoustic guitar textures is more ambitious than that of their influences, however. Performance quality is usually good, though on occasion sloppily executed or out of tune (especially on the openings to “Donkey Jaw” and “I Never Found the Time”). Lengthy instrumental introductions (“Donkey Jaw”), middle improvisatory interludes (“Here”), and closings (“Clarice”) are frequently encountered. Most of these selections boast highly unusual and inventive chord progressions that work well without drawing undue attention to themselves. Lyrics are sometimes trite (“I need you/Like the flower needs the rain”) or obscure (“He flies the sky/Like an eagle in the eye/Of a hurricane that’s abandoned”), but the music more than makes up for any verse problems; only the odd “Pigeon Song” seems an unsalvageable misstep. Sound quality here has a covered, intimate feel that lends a ghostly aura to this release. Chart hits from this album include the spectrally loping “A Horse with No Name,” the squarishly tuneful “I Need You,” and the nervously dour “Sandman.” Other highlights include the buoyantly charming “Three Roses,” the yearningly lovely “Rainy Day,” and the quietly ringing “Clarice.” In spite of its flaws, this platter is very highly recommended.

01. Riverside - 3:02
02. Sandman - 5:03
03. Three Roses - 3:54
04. Children - 3:07
05. A Horse With No Name - 4:10
06. Here - 5:30
07. I Need You - 3:04
08. Rainy Day - 3:00
09. Never Found The Time - 3:50
10. Clarice - 4:00
11. Donkey Jaw - 5:17
12. Pigeon Song - 2:17

Personnel:

Dewey Bunnell – lead and backing vocals, 6-string acoustic guitar (except on "Here" and "Never Found the Time")
Gerry Beckley – bass (except on "Three Roses" and "A Horse with No Name"), 6 and 12-string acoustic guitars (except on "Sandman", "I Need You" and "Pigeon Song"), lead and backing vocals (except on "Pigeon Song"), electric guitar and chimes on "Clarice", piano on "I Need You" and "Clarice"
Dan Peek – 6 and 12-string acoustic guitars (except on "A Horse with No Name", "I Need You", "Clarice" and "Pigeon Song"), lead and backing vocals (except on "Pigeon Song"), electric guitar (on "Sandman", "Donkey Jaw" and "I Need You"), piano on "Never Found the Time", bass on "A Horse with No Name" and "Three Roses"
Ray Cooper – percussion
Dave Atwood – drums on "Sandman", "Here", "I Need You" and "Donkey Jaw"
Kim Haworth – drums on "A Horse with No Name"
David Lindley – electric guitar on "Children", steel guitar on "Rainy Day"

Note:
This is not my rip
My thanks to the original uploader

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent