American Apocalypse III - Migration - Nova - [N27]

seeders: 6
leechers: 8
Added on May 4, 2016 by N27in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

American Apocalypse III - Migration - Nova - [N27] (Size: 295.6 KB)
 American Apocalypse III - Migration - Nova.epub241.13 KB
 Cover.jpg54.47 KB

Description

American Apocalypse III by Nova

English | EPUB | ISBN-10: 1456406426 | ISBN-13: 978-1456406424

November 24, 2010 | CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Literature & Fiction, Action & Adventure

CONTENTS

30 Chapters

Excerpt:
Three Months Later

The bones were the first thing I noticed. I stood inside the shallow cave and kicked someone’s head out into the sunlight. A piece of skin fell off as it bounced along the top of the crusted snow. When it rolled to a stop I noticed teeth marks where someone had gnawed on it.

It was cold outside the door. I felt like a woodchuck. If I saw my shadow, would that mean Spring was coming? Or was that if I didn’t see my shadow? Maybe I’d ask when I went back inside.

I didn’t think seeing the bones meant anything prophetic. Then again, Freya had been telling us it was the dawn of a new age. She had been talking about that a lot lately. According to her, we were on the cusp of a millennial realignment or some such cosmic shit. Sometimes I missed the Freya who kept her mouth shut.

I looked around the cave. There was a fire pit that was still warm and some belongings stacked in the back next to the door I had come through. Nobody was around. I figured they must be out hunting or gathering.

I had wondered if I would meet anyone when I stepped out through Freya’s magic door. In one possible scenario I had run in my head, I pictured a couple screwing and me yelling, “Hey! Is that my wife?” Another scenario had featured a herd of cannibals wearing tattered North Face parkas and gnawing on bones. I couldn’t think of a good line to shout out for that situation but I still had time to come up with one. Mostly though, I imagined people in animal skins gnawing on the remains of someone who had once been a copier repairman.

Back in the mineshaft, we had talked about what might await us. Cannibals were a distinct possibility. Then again perhaps the Feds had managed to get the situation under control before too many people took to gnawing on their neighbors. We had no way of knowing since being inside a mountain apparently blocked Freya’s ability to get an aerial view. We’d had plenty of time to speculate, though.

I walked to the entrance and stood just a foot inside it so that I could see outside without being too exposed. Snow was everywhere, blinding in its brightness. Night’s suggestion to take a pair of sunglasses was smart and I was glad I brought them. The light was painful in its intensity. The low light environment we had been living in for months now was making me a little crazy. Well, perhaps more than a little.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
295.6 KB
seeders:6
leechers:8
American Apocalypse III - Migration - Nova - [N27]