Ariel Pink - Pom Pom (2014) [FLAC]

seeders: 43
leechers: 18
Added on November 21, 2014 by polituxin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Ariel Pink - Pom Pom (2014) [FLAC] (Size: 413.45 MB)
 15 Picture Me Gone.flac34.82 MB
 14 Black Ballerina.flac32.78 MB
 13 Jell-O.flac10.82 MB
 12 Sexual Athletics.flac22.33 MB
 16 Exile On Frog Street.flac27.13 MB
 17 Dayzed Inn Daydreams.flac32.56 MB
 Cover.jpg63.49 KB
 Pom Pom.log12.99 KB
 Pom Pom.cue4.1 KB
 11 Negativ Ed.flac21 MB
 10 Dinosaur Carebears.flac33.52 MB
 04 Lipstick.flac21.2 MB
 03 Four Shadows.flac24.8 MB
 02 White Freckles.flac17.21 MB
 05 Not Enough Violence.flac39.88 MB
 06 Put Your Number In My Phone.flac18.9 MB
 09 Goth Bomb.flac16.1 MB
 08 Nude Beach A Go-Go.flac15.17 MB
 07 One Summer Night.flac23.38 MB
 01 Plastic Raincoats In The Pig Parade.flac21.78 MB

Description

Genre: Rock
Style: Indie
Source: CD (log + cue)
Codec: FLAC
Bit rate: ~ 1,000 kbps
Bit depth: 16
Sample rate: 44.1 kHz

01 Plastic Raincoats in the Pig Parade
02 White Freckles
03 Four Shadows
04 Lipstick
05 Not Enough Violence
06 Put Your Number in My Phone
07 One Summer Night
08 Nude Beach A G-Go
09 Goth Bomb
10 Dinosaur Carebears
11 Negativ Ed
12 Sexual Athletics
13 Jell-o
14 Black Ballerina
15 Picture Me Gone
16 Exile On Frog Street
17 Dayzed Inn Daydreams

The first work attributed solely to Ariel Pink since the late 2000s and his first solo album, Pom Pom finds an uneasy balance between his early days and his later albums with Haunted Graffiti for 4AD. With slightly murkier production values than either Before Today or Mature Themes, the sprawling double album nods to Pink's home-recording days, but features a far wider cast of collaborators -- including Spiritualized's Jason Pierce and rock polymath Kim Fowley -- than any of his previous music. Similarly, these songs encompass some of his most engaging pop and some of his most aggressively weird music. While Pom Pom isn't as fragmented as the collections of his early work, the sides of Pink's music often feel polarized, especially compared to how well they complemented each other on Before Today and Mature Themes. The album's pop side might fare slightly better, at least on the first few listens: "Put Your Number in My Phone" may be even catchier than Before Today's "Round and Round" or Mature Themes' "Only in My Dreams" (and the fact that it appears a quarter of the way into Pom Pom suggests Pink is aiming for a disorienting listening experience), while "Dayzed Inn Daydreams" delivers more gauzy AM pop that sounds like it was channeled from the early '70s.

Elsewhere, the breezily disturbing "Lipstick" could be an '80s new wave ballad written by Brian DePalma, and "Picture Me Gone" mixes mortality and technology into something equally witty and bittersweet. Some of Pom Pom's more overtly wacky tracks, like the novelty rock and musique concrète collision of "Dinosaur Carebears," take a while time to warm up to, and some, like "Exile on Frog Street," are just too long. However, for every song like these, there's a "White Freckles," a fine tip of the hat to Frank Zappa's legacy. Likewise, Pink's Fowley collaborations feel like the passing of the torch from one eccentric to another, whether it's "Plastic Raincoats in the Pig Parade"'s surreal sugar high, "Jell-O"'s whitebread satire, or the risqué surf-pop of "Nude Beach a Go-Go" (Azealia Banks' version of the song on Broke with Expensive Taste was even more successful and surprising in context). Indeed, sex is never far away on a Pink album, and "Sexual Athletics"' mix of cartoonish lust and romantic longing feels like Mature Themes in a nutshell. Though the way Pink zigs and zags on Pom Pom can be dazzling or confusing depending on listeners' patience, in its own way it's one of the best representations of what makes his music fascinating and occasionally frustrating.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
413.45 MB
seeders:43
leechers:18

All Comments

Looks Very interesting, you tempted me to check it out!