Avengers vs. X-Men 10 (of 12) (2012) (7 Covers) (noads) (Minutemen-Meganubis).cbr

seeders: 17
leechers: 4
Added on September 9, 2012 by kakarrotin Books > Comics
Torrent verified.

Avengers vs. X-Men 10 (of 12) (2012) (7 Covers) (noads) (Minutemen-Meganubis).cbr (Size: 42.1 MB)
 Avengers vs. X-Men 10 (of 12) (2012) (7 Covers) (noads) (Minutemen-Meganubis).cbr42.1 MB

Description

Avengers Vs X-Men #10

Geoff: Alright, Vic! Here are are, Round 10 and it seems it’s come time for the story to start winding down toward the conclusion. Let’s dive in shall we?

Cyclops is in K’un L’un and he’s pissed. He’s gathered the powers of two more fallen Phoenixes and he’s ready now to recover Hope. Now, I may have missed something, but didn’t he deny Hope her destiny of having the Phoenix Force? It seems like he’s either being told to claim her for that destiny, but he’s also shunned her. Does the Phoenix have something else planned for her? Tell me what you think about that.

Victor: I don’t think he denied Hope her destiny. He just didn’t think she was ready or deserving of it at the time. Now it’s a different story. I personally feel that the Phoenix fears Hope. I think it realizes that it can control both Scott and Emma but Hope will be another story. Usually, the Phoenix arrives and does what it needs to do and leaves. However, just like any other creature of this world, it can be corrupted as well. It does like power and the way that Scott and Emma are using it, the Phoenix’s inner ego must be growing too. By taking out Hope, the only person capable of stopping/hurting/controlling it, the Phoenix hopes to take over this world. But that’s just my view of it.

This issue felt a bit empty for me. Not too much happening in the big scheme of things. No real action, just god like beings slapping each other around. Lots of minor things that were full of foreshadowing, but nothing major really happened. No emotional moments like the last few issues. How did you feel about it?

Geoff: I’d say there were definitely a lot of things going on under the surface in this issue. Scarlet Witch is spent. Cyclops is going cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Hope is seeing the world burn around her from the people who swore to protect her now hunting her down.

I’d be remiss not to bring up the spark of hope for the Avengers at the end of the book. We don’t yet know exactly what the situation is that led Hope to repel Cyclops (outside of her being able to take a little bit of power from a pretty bitchin’ dragon), but the Avengers definitely will be entering these last two issues with a brand new confidence.

The part that I actually very much loved in this issue was the scene between Magneto and Emma. She’s practically enslaving the X-Men to make sure they love and worship her as a Goddess, but when she discovers not all of them do, she threatens a pretty bad fate to Cannonball. I loved how Mags stepped in to try to teach her how to rule with a little more kindness. Perhaps it’s him trying to teach her to not make the mistakes he made?

Victor: There was also a small bit of foreshadowing. I think I know who’s going to be the sacrificial lamb to the “event” gods. Professor X. He’s going down in a last stand against Scott. That’s why he stayed behind. (Scott is the obvious choice, but I hope Marvel doesn’t go with the obvious)

Yes, with Hope finally using her mutant ability to mimic “Powers”, and Tony actually realizing it, the Avengers finally have a leg to stand on. She can mimic any power. Period. Including the Phoenix, which she did this issue, along with the power of the K’un L’un dragon, and the Scarlet Witch to repel Cyclops. Check out the splash image and look at the energy signatures surrounding her when she powers down Cyclops. Hope will eventually become more dangerous than good, but that’s a tale for another time.

I loved the exchange between Emma and Magneto. It’s like the pot calling the kettle black to the nth power, since Emma was never a saint to begin with. Emma has definitely lost it and needs to go down, but Magneto is definitely smart enough not to go into a losing battle. Instead, he eats his pride, and asks for help.

I also don’t buy the whole Scarlet Witch is spent scenario. She controls reality. She can revitalize herself in seconds. I understand why Bendis and Fraction are not using her to her full potential though, since it would make for a really short series.

Geoff: I still kinda hope there is no sacrificial lamb. There really doesn’t need to be one. I think the thing is with Scarlet Witch is this the first real action she’s seen since Avengers: Disassembled. I think there’s a real fatigue thing here because they are using her a lot. If there’s one thing she’s not that great on it’s stamina. When she uses a lot of her magic she definitely shows signs of wearing out.

I have a feeling I liked this issue a little more than you did. I like the idea of the subtler intricacies setting up the big finale (which, by the way, we have to wait a whole month for!). As much as I’ve enjoyed this being the big bombastic, popcorn story of the Summer and actually coming through with what it was advertised, I liked that the turning point was much more quiet. It’s always the smallest of victories in a war that turns the tide and starts going the other way.

Victor: Hope all you want. You know someone is already slated to die. And it’s been labeled as a “major” hero in the Marvel Universe. So my money is on Professor X or Cyclops.

As for the Scarlet Witch, I still don’t buy it. Her power has no limits. Especially like in House of M where she just rewrote reality completely.

You’re right on the liking this issue a little less. I guess with the high action and emotion from the last two books, any issue that tries to slow the story down is a miss for me. As a whole, I am still 100% behind saying that this “event” is the best one of the last five years. I hope that it ends on a high, though. Marvel has a tendency to drive the car really fast but run out of gas in the end. Hopefully this will not be the case here.

So is it time for grading? Or do we need to comment on art? (Spectacular as hell, by the way) Kubert’s Hope splashes and the dragon images were really cool.

Geoff: I believe I already commented on the art when I said “bitchin’ dragon” earlier…

In all seriousness, I don’t think there’s anymore to be said about Mr. Kubert’s art. It’s been truly a sight to behold and perfect for this giant story. I just wish he was around from the start.

For grading, I am going ot go with a 90. I think Brubaker is a true master of the subtle storytelling and just like his issue #3, he’s doing so much more under the surface than above it. I think he’s set up the last two issues perfectly for a big ass conclusion.

Victor: I’m going to agree with a 90. There wasn’t too much wrong with this issue, but it didn’t have the emotional touch or the high action of the last two books. I’m hoping the last two issues deliver on both. Until next time.

****ENJOY AND SEED****

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
42.1 MB
seeders:17
leechers:4
Avengers vs. X-Men 10 (of 12) (2012) (7 Covers) (noads) (Minutemen-Meganubis).cbr