Bear McCreary - The Forest Soundtrack (2016)

seeders: 4
leechers: 0
Added on January 19, 2016 by sever29in Music
Torrent verified.

Bear McCreary - The Forest Soundtrack (2016) (Size: 74.7 MB)
 01 - The Forest (Main Title).mp32.18 MB
 02 - Journey to Aokigahara.mp313.97 MB
 03 - Into the Forest.mp34.83 MB
 04 - The Tent.mp34.12 MB
 05 - Follow the Rope.mp34.07 MB
 06 - The Reversing River.mp37.21 MB
 07 - Alone in the Cave.mp35.67 MB
 08 - The Cabin.mp310.59 MB
 09 - Curse of the Yurei.mp310.78 MB
 10 - Theme from The Forest.mp311.18 MB
 f04bba16d733cad26790f9ac2c4b1b54.jpg102.38 KB

Description

The Forest is a 2016 American supernatural horror film directed by Jason Zafa and starring Natalie Dormer, Taylor Kinney and Eoin Macken. When her twin sister disappears in Japan, a young American named Sara (Natalie Dormer) becomes determined to find out what happened to her. Sara’s investigation leads her to the legendary Aokigahara Forest, located at the base of Mount Fuji. Accompanied by expatriate Aiden, she enters the mysterious wilderness after being warned to “stay on the path.” Her investigation plunges her into a dark world where the angry and tormented souls of the dead prey on those who dare to explore the forest. The score is composed by Bear McCreary.

2015 might not have been a banner year of horror scores, but it wasn’t so bad. 2016 starts with Bear McCreary’s The Forest, a score I’ve been looking forward to hearing. I just got some new better headphones as well to really soak in the atmosphere so it’s perfect timing. The score opens with ‘The Forest Main Title’ and right away, I’m scared and fascinated. It starts with a deep bass synth and creepy children’s chanting. Man, children’s chanting, that’s the scariest thing ever. Leave the children alone! I’m a big fan of long cues and already on the second cue ‘Journey To Aokigahara’ there’s over 8 minutes to enjoy. Some journey! The journey itself isn’t as interesting musically though. It’s a nice cue, filled with ostinatos and moods, but it’s not really getting anywhere exciting until around 6 minutes in where choir and gentle whispering are used upon a nice Japanese soundscape.

McCreary paints a nice picture, that’s for sure. His music connects with me in this case, and it’s all very enjoyable. However I’m not getting the mood I was hoping for. I’m thinking Japan, I’m thinking horror, but only the Japan part really resonates with me, I can totally hear that and feel that in McCreary’s music, but I’m rarely getting to the point where I’m scared or rather terrified like I was in the main title. There are parts, like the second half of ‘Follow The Rope’ with percussion and chanting that puts me on edge. Now that’s the thing I didn’t like about this score. I don’t really “feel” it, the way I’m supposed to feel, the way I think I’m supposed to feel that is. It has it’s moments like I said, and it’s a solid and great production. It’s slick and well polished, and on it’s own pretty good music, but it’s not rocking my world. What do you think of the score?

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
74.7 MB
seeders:4
leechers:0