Beautiful Maria of My Soul by Oscar Hijuelos~BinanGotit~

seeders: 0
leechers: 5
Added on September 2, 2015 by BinanGotitin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Beautiful Maria of My Soul by Oscar Hijuelos~BinanGotit~ (Size: 2.81 MB)
 Beautiful Maria of My Soul (cover).png313.77 KB
 Beautiful Maria of My Soul - Oscar Hijuelos.epub382.83 KB
 Beautiful Maria of My Soul - Oscar Hijuelos.mobi477.47 KB
 Beautiful Maria of My Soul - Oscar Hijuelos.pdf1.67 MB

Description

Beautiful Maria of My Soul by Oscar Hijuelos (Author) June 1st 2010

~BinanGotit~

Format: epub / mobi / pdf

Product Details

Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: Hyperion; 1 edition (June 1st 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1401323340
ASIN: B0043RT96M

The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love is a Pulitzer Prize-winning contemporary American classic, a book that still captivates and inspires readers twenty years after its first publication. Now, in Beautiful Maria of My Soul, Oscar Hijuelos returns to this indelible story, to tell it from the point of view of its beloved heroine, Maria.

She's the great Cuban beauty who stole musician Nestor Castillo's heart and broke it, inspiring him to write the Mambo Kings' biggest hit, ''Beautiful Maria of My Soul.'' Now in her sixties and living in Miami with her pediatrician daughter, Teresa, Maria remains a beauty, still capable of turning heads. But she has never forgotten Nestor, and as she thinks back to her days--and nights--in Havana, an entirely new perspective on the Mambo Kings story unfolds.

From Bookmarks Magazine

Though Beautiful Maria of My Soul may not match the emotional depth of The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love, critics generally considered Hijuelos's new novel a success. A seasoned storyteller, Hijuelos vividly evokes the vibrant lost world of prerevolutionary Havana, the Cuban Revolution, and modern-day Miami, and he audaciously inserts himself into the narrative's contemporary scenes to bring the story full circle--a device commended by the critics. However, Maria, defined by her appearance, fails to develop into a full-fledged character, and Hijuelos's relentless reminders of her extraordinary beauty and her effect on men grow tedious. Some readers may also object to the book's robust sexuality. Despite these complaints, Beautiful Maria of My Soul is a welcome expansion on the much-loved The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love, as well as a finely written novel in its own right.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.81 MB
seeders:0
leechers:5
Beautiful Maria of My Soul by Oscar Hijuelos~BinanGotit~