Bernie Wrightson - Frankenstien.cbz

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on November 6, 2013 by halldrin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Bernie Wrightson - Frankenstien.cbz (Size: 96.4 MB)
 Bernie Wrightson - Frankenstien.cbz96.4 MB

Description

This edition reprints the illustrations by Wrightson, also the co-creator of the comic book character "Swamp Thing" for an edition of Frankenstein. The illustrations themselves are not based upon the Karloff or Lee films of old, but on the actual book's descriptions of characters and objects. Wrightson also used a period style, saying "I wanted the book to look like an antique; to have the feeling of woodcuts or steel engravings, something of that era" and basing the feel on artists like Franklin Booth, J.C. Coll and Edwin Austin Abbey.[1]

Wrightson has said that it was an unpaid project:
“ I've always had a thing for Frankenstein, and it was a labor of love. It was not an assignment, it was not a job. I would do the drawings in between paying gigs, when I had enough to be caught up with bills and groceries and what-not. I would take three days here, a week there, to work on the Frankenstein volume. It took about seven years ”

For the 25th anniversary of the first edition in October 2008, a new edition was prepared and released by Dark Horse Comics in an over-sized (9" x 12"), hardcover format[2] scanned from the original artwork, when it could be tracked down.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
96.4 MB
seeders:3
leechers:0
Bernie Wrightson - Frankenstien.cbz

All Comments

Thanks, I'm excited to read this.

[later that day...]
That was incredible, thank you for sharing.