Betrayal - Danielle Steel (e-book) - zeke23

seeders: 20
leechers: 7
Added on September 28, 2014 by zeke23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Betrayal - Danielle Steel (e-book) - zeke23 (Size: 786.82 KB)
 Danielle Steel - Betrayal (v3.0).mobi411.61 KB
 Danielle Steel - Betrayal (v3.0).epub277.99 KB
 Danielle Steel - Betrayal (v3.0).jpg79.8 KB
 Danielle Steel - Betrayal (v3.0).opf17.42 KB

Description

In Danielle Steel’s thrilling new novel, a successful woman’s seemingly perfect world is shattered when she faces embezzlement by the last person she would ever suspect.

At thirty-nine, Tallie Jones is a Hollywood legend. Her work as a film director is her passion and the center of her life; one after another, her award-winning productions achieve the rare combination of critical and commercial success. With no interest in the perks of her profession or the glitz and glamour of Los Angeles, Tallie maintains close and loving relationships with her college-age daughter and her aging father, and has a happy collaboration with Hunter Lloyd, her respected producing partner, confidant, and live-in lover. Rounding out the circle and making it all work is Brigitte Parker, Tallie’s devoted personal assistant. Friends since film school, they are a study in contrasts, with Brigitte’s polished glamour balancing Tallie’s artless natural beauty, and her hard-driving, highly organized style a protective shield for Tallie’s casual, down-to-earth approach.
As Tallie is in the midst of directing the most ambitious film she has yet undertaken, small disturbances begin to ripple through her well-ordered world. An outside audit reveals troubling discrepancies in the financial records maintained by Victor Carson, Tallie’s longtime, trusted accountant. Mysterious receipts hint at activities of which she has no knowledge. Soon it becomes clear that someone close to Tallie has been steadily funneling away enormous amounts of her money. In the wake of an escalating series of shattering revelations, Tallie will find herself playing the most dangerous game of all—to trap a predator stalking her in plain sight.

In this riveting novel, Danielle Steel reveals the dark side of fame and fortune. At the same time, she brilliantly captures a woman’s will to navigate a minefield of hurt and loss—toward a new beginning.

This website is a special forum for me. Random House, my publisher has a web site that talks about my books, and tells something about me (www.daniellesteel.com). But this website is an opportunity to communicate directly and more personally with you, about my doings, private moments, and what I feel and think on a variety of subjects I can talk about my family, my philosophies about life, and my experiences. Writing the books is very important to me, but there are other things I do and care about too. And I can talk to you about them here. I write lyrics for songs, children’s books, and am involved in the contemporary art world, and curate a gallery show once a year. I have 8 kids, five in their 20’s, three in their 30’s. I do fun things with them, and am deeply involved in the issues that preoccupy them. Maybe you and I share the same opinions, maybe we worry about the same things, maybe we’ve had some of the same victories or griefs, and maybe we laugh about the same things. Laughter definitely helps keep me going when life gets tough. I hope that we can have some chuckles on this website, and share some private moments. And I write my blog, so I can bring you up to date on what I’m doing, seeing, thinking, and feeling. Thank you for sharing this special place with me.

What I care about most: my children. They are my life and always have been. When they were younger, I was a full time, hands-on Mom by day, and wrote at night. I had my first child (my oldest daughter Beatrix) at nineteen, and wrote my first book that same year, at nineteen. I have five daughters and four sons, so they have kept me very busy, and they are the joy in my life. That doesn’t mean there haven’t been some tough moments. There are in everyone’s life. But the happiness we share far outweighs the pain or worry. I’ve driven car pool, gone to soccer games, followed five little girls through ballet, I’ve embarrassed my youngest son by cheering too loud and showing up at all his lacrosse games. I have tried to be there for all the tough moments when things don’t go well for them, and what I hate most about their being older now is that I can’t ‘fix’ everything. I can’t spank the floor they fell on and kiss all the boo boos better. I can’t make people be nice to them, or shield them from all the hurts and disappointments of life. I want their happiness, well-being and safety more than anything, and no matter how much I love them, I can’t guarantee that. I hate that part. And I cherish the time we spend together. We see a lot of each other and are very close, they come home a lot (I hate their not living at home anymore and wish I could turn the clock back. If only I could!!). We spend holidays and go on vacation together. Sometimes we grouse at each other, but on the whole we all get along pretty well, even very well, and we like, respect, and admire each other as people. All my kids are working, and four are married.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
786.82 KB
seeders:20
leechers:7
Betrayal - Danielle Steel (e-book) - zeke23