Big Bill Morganfield - 1999 - Rising Son [EAC FLAC]

seeders: 0
leechers: 3
Added on March 9, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Big Bill Morganfield - 1999 - Rising Son [EAC FLAC] (Size: 311.56 MB)
 Back.jpg7.79 MB
 Booklet 01.jpg12.09 MB
 Booklet 02.jpg10.03 MB
 CD.jpg3.25 MB
 Front.jpg1.77 MB
 matrix.jpg438.65 KB
 tray.jpg6.85 MB
 Big Bill Morganfield - Rising Son.cue1.72 KB
 Big Bill Morganfield - Rising Son.flac.auCDtect.txt1.19 KB
 Big Bill Morganfield - Rising Son.log6.26 KB
 01 - Diamonds At Your Feet.flac19.8 MB
 02 - Left Hand Blues.flac15.58 MB
 03 - I Just Keep Lovin' Her.flac18.18 MB
 04 - The Same Thing.flac27.45 MB
 05 - Dead Ass Broke.flac18.83 MB
 06 - Cryin' Days.flac23.02 MB
 07 - Sloppy Drunk.flac27.76 MB
 08 - Screamin' & Cryin'.flac25.78 MB
 09 - Baby How Long.flac29.19 MB
 10 - Don't Want To See You Go.flac23.31 MB

Description

imageRipped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy. image
Art, cue sheet & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Big Bill Morganfield

1999 - Rising Son [EAC FLAC]

Big Bill Morganfield

Morganfield playing at Burnley Blues Festival, Easter weekend, 2006
The son of Muddy Waters, he looks like his famous father

Wikipedia:
William "Big Bill" Morganfield (born June 19, 1956) is an American blues singer and guitarist, who is the son of Muddy Waters.
Morganfield was born in Chicago, Illinois. He had little contact with his father. Instead he was raised in Southern Florida by his grandmother, and now lives in Atlanta, Georgia. As a child he listened to his father's records, but also to more popular fare such as The Jackson Five. He came to music later in life, having first worked as a teacher after earning a bachelor's degree in English from Tuskegee University and another in Communications from Auburn University. He did not begin playing music seriously until after his father's death in 1983, and then spent six years studying guitar. A well-received performance with Lonnie Mack at Atlanta's Center Stage convinced Morganfield that his career move was a good one, but dissatisfied with his craft, he returned to studying traditional blues forms and songwriting while continuing work as a teacher.
He got his first break in 1996 when he and his band ("The Stone Cold Blues Band" 1996-1998) played at the Blue Angel Cafe in Chattanooga Tn. The band consisted of ASIN: B00000I9X1professional Atlanta based musicians that helped launch his career. In 1998 He then began to play the east coast that led to bigger shows like "The Stan Rogers Folk Fest" and "Montreal Jazz fest".

Rising Son

Release Date: April 6, 1999
Producers: Edward Chmelewski, Jerry del Giudice, Bob Margolin
Label: Blind Pig
Catalog #: BPCD 5053
ASIN: B00000I9X1
Genre: Blues, Electric Blues, Chicago Blues
Total Time: 42:48

Amazon.com Review by Genevieve Williams:
Talk about having some big shoes to fill. There's some question as to whether it's really a good thing to be the son of Muddy Waters, the legend, one of the founding fathers of Chicago blues, et cetera. One listen to "The Same Thing" off of Big Bill Morganfield's impressively solid debut, though, and all questions are answered. Morganfield's guitar playing is the sort that defines a genre; listening to the foot-stomping "I Just Keep Lovin' Her" or the rollicking "Dead Ass Broke," one gets the sense that this is the blues of the highest order. No frills, no pretension, just straight-ahead, rock-solid blues, with a skill on the guitar that makes the difficult sound easy and a voice that growls and hollers with equal ease. There's not a single weak moment on this album, not a note that sounds anything less than perfect. By the time the album closes with the title track, don't be surprised to see smoke coming out of the CD player. It remains to be seen whether Morganfield will be as influential in the blues world as his father, but his talent and skill as a musician are unquestionable.

01. Diamonds At Your Feet [3:00]
02. Left Hand Blues [3:00]
03. I Just Keep Lovin' Her [2:40]
04. The Same Thing [4:36]
05. Dead Ass Broke [2:47]
06. Cryin' Days [3:31]
07. Sloppy Drunk [4:04]
08. Screamin' & Cryin' [4:09]
09. Baby How Long [4:17]
10. Don't Want To See You Go [3:33]
11. Champagne & Reefer [2:50]
12. Rising Son [4:16]

Lineup:

Big Bill Morganfield - Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Slide Guitar, Vocals
Bob Margolin - Guitar
Paul Oscher - Harmonica
Pinetop Perkins - Piano
Willie "Big Eyes" Smith - Drums (Snare)
Bob Stroger - Bass

Note:
This is not my rip.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
311.56 MB
seeders:0
leechers:3
Big Bill Morganfield - 1999 - Rising Son [EAC FLAC]