Big Harp - White Hat [2011][FLAC/WEB]

seeders: 6
leechers: 0
Added on August 30, 2013 by dickthespicin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Big Harp - White Hat [2011][FLAC/WEB] (Size: 212.11 MB)
 01 - Nadine.flac21.95 MB
 02 - Everybody Pays.flac17.45 MB
 03 - Goodbye Crazy City.flac25.92 MB
 04 - Steady Hand Behind The Wheel.flac17.63 MB
 05 - All Bets Are Off.flac17.31 MB
 06 - Some Old World I Used To Know.flac18.43 MB
 07 - Here's Hoping.flac23.54 MB
 08 - Let Me Lend My Shoulder.flac14.09 MB
 09 - White Hat.flac12.84 MB
 10 - Out In The Field.flac30.42 MB
 11 - Oh Nadine.flac12.4 MB
 folder.jpg112.96 KB
 info.txt584 bytes

Description

Artist: Big Harp
Release: White Hat
Released: 2011
Label: Saddle Creek Records
Catalog#:
Format: FLAC / WEB
[color=blue]Country:
USA
Style: Americana

1 Nadine
2 Everybody Pays
3 Goodbye Crazy City
4 A Steady Hand
5 All Bets Are Off
6 Some Old World
7 Here's Hoping
8 Let Me Lend My Shoulder
9 White Hat
10 Out In The Field
11 O Nadine

Los Angeles-based alt-country duo Big Harp, comprised of onetime Omaha scenesters-turned-husband and wife Christopher Senseney and Stefanie Drootin-Senseney, make the most of their partnership and their roots on White Hat, their full-length debut. Where Senseney contributes the country and folk influences of his childhood and from his stint in Americana outfit Art in Manila, Drootin (best known for playing with brooding indie rockers the Good Life) lays down rock-solid rhythms. The result is a sound that captures their country boy-meets-city girl story, landing somewhere between a honky tonk bar and a hip lounge. As White Hat moves from rambling hard-luck tales to foot-stomping bar ballads to delicate love songs, the songwriting recalls the moodiness of Nick Cave and humor of Townes Van Zandt, never getting too heavy or silly thanks to Senseney’s warm baritone and subtle, honey-dripped drawl. Senseney’s delivery is generally laid-back and cool, but there are surprises, too -- the swaggering guitar and syncopated percussion of “Out in the Field” help to slowly propel his vocals to their most fiery. Meanwhile, storytelling shines on the saloon piano-driven opening track “Nadine,” following a woman who takes off to California to leave behind her lover, only to meet a new man who is unfaithful, and has a postscript in closer “Oh Nadine,” an appeal to come home written from the perspective of her father. Like a great pair of shoes (or in this case, maybe cowboy boots), White Hat is comfortable and un-fussy, a natural choice for a road trip or a night at the bar. It falls short in not taking enough advantage of Drootin's repertoire -- for example, only tracks like “Let Me Lend My Shoulder” hint at the angelic vocals she has to offer -- but all in all, it's a promising introduction that will leave listeners eager for more.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
212.11 MB
seeders:6
leechers:0
Big Harp - White Hat [2011][FLAC/WEB]