Black Sabbath-War Pigs-LIVE 1970- Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.m4v

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on May 9, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Black Sabbath-War Pigs-LIVE 1970- Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.m4v (Size: 178.06 MB)
 Black Sabbath-War Pigs-LIVE 1970- Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.m4v178.06 MB

Description

imageimageimageimage
"WAR PIGS"
Black Sabbath LIVE in Paris 1970
[font=Verdana]The finished Audio lists at 1259kbs.[/font]
This video has excellent audio quality!! This is the Black Sabbath sound that I grew up with, effn awsome! Set VLC Player to Fit to Window and turn Equalizer off. The Audio will BLOW YOU AWAY!!! The Guitar solo in this version is fkn spot on PERFECT!!
Black Sabbath:
Following the break-up of their previous band Mythology in 1968, guitarist Tony Iommi and drummer Bill Ward sought to form a heavy blues rock band in Aston, Birmingham. They enlisted bassist Geezer Butler and vocalist Ozzy Osbourne, who had played together in a band called Rare Breed, Osbourne having placed an advertisement in a local music shop: "Ozzy Zig Needs Gig – has own PA". the band changed their name to Earth (which Osbourne hated) and continued as a four-piece. In December 1968, Iommi abruptly left Earth to join Jethro Tull. Although his stint with the band would be short-lived, Iommi made an appearance with Jethro Tull on The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus TV show. Unsatisfied with the direction of Jethro Tull, Iommi returned to Earth in January 1969. "It just wasn't right, so I left", Iommi said. "At first I thought Tull were great, but I didn't much go for having a leader in the band, which was Ian Anderson's way. When I came back from Tull, I came back with a new attitude altogether. They taught me that to get on, you got to work for it. While playing shows in England in 1969, the band discovered they were being mistaken for another English group named Earth. They decided to change their name again. A cinema across the street from the band's rehearsal room was showing the 1963 Mario Bava horror film Black Sabbath starring Boris Karloff. While watching people line up to see the film, Butler noted that it was "strange that people spend so much money to see scary movies." Following that, Osbourne and Butler wrote the lyrics for a song called "Black Sabbath", which was inspired by the work of horror and adventure-story writer Dennis Wheatley, along with a vision that Butler had of a black silhouetted figure standing at the foot of his bed. Making use of the musical tritone, also known as "The Devil's Interval", the song's ominous sound and dark lyrics pushed the band in a darker direction, a stark contrast to the popular music of the late 1960s, which was dominated by flower power, folk music, and hippie culture. Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford has called the track "probably the most evil song ever written". Inspired by the new sound, the band changed their name to Black Sabbath in August 1969, and made the decision to focus on writing similar material, in an attempt to create the musical equivalent of horror films.
War Pigs: The original title of "War Pigs" was "Walpurgis", dealing with the witches' sabbath. "Walpurgis is sort of like Christmas for Satanists. And to me, war was the big Satan", said bassist and lyricist Geezer Butler. "It wasn’t about politics or government or anything. It was (about) evil. So I was saying 'generals gathered in the masses/just like witches at black masses' to make an analogy. But when we brought it to the record company, they thought 'Walpurgis' sounded too Satanic. And that’s when we turned it into ‘War Pigs. Readers of Guitar World ranked the song number 56 on their list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Solos.Martin Popoff has called the song an "ugly, antiwar classic now considered one of Sabbath's top two or three most enduring compositions." Guitar World described the song as "the greatest HM song ever." The magazine also included the song on their list of the "100 Greatest Guitar Solos" and ranked it in 56th place. Steve Huey of Allmusic called the song a "standard" The addition of the air-raid siren and the speeding up of the song's end were done by producer Rodger Bain and engineer Tom Allom. The band had no input in these decisions, though they were pleased with the results.

Lyrics

"War Pigs"

Generals gathered in their masses,
just like witches at black masses.
Evil minds that plot destruction,
sorcerers of death's construction.
In the fields the bodies burning,
as the war machine keeps turning.
Death and hatred to mankind,
poisoning their brainwashed minds...Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait `till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning,
as you hear the bodies burning.
No more war pigs of the power,
hand of god has struck the hour.
Day of judgement, god is calling,
on their knees the war pigs crawling.
Begging mercy for their sins,
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings...Oh lord, yeah!

Video:
Frame Width: 576
Frame Height: 320
Data Rate: 2002kbps
Total Bitrate: 3261kbps
Frame Rate: 29 FPS
TURN VLC EQUALIZER OFF!!
Audio:
Track I
Dolby Pro Logic II
Bit Rate: 384kbps
Channels 2(stereo)