Blind Boy Fuller - Sweet Honey Hole

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on November 14, 2012 by farth2in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Blind Boy Fuller - Sweet Honey Hole (Size: 45.08 MB)
 12 Baby You Gotta Change Your Min.mp34.09 MB
 03 Somebody's Been Playing With That Thing.mp34.08 MB
 05 I'm Climbin On Top Of The Hill.mp34.06 MB
 04 Baby I Don't Have To Worry.mp33.92 MB
 02 My Brown Skin Sugar Plum.mp33.82 MB
 11 Ain't It A Cryin' Shame.mp33.78 MB
 10 Step It Up And Go.mp33.73 MB
 06 You Never Can Tell.mp33.68 MB
 01 Sweet Honey Hole.mp33.54 MB
 08 Untrue Blues.mp33.52 MB
 09 Mamie.mp33.37 MB
 07 Big Leg Woman Gets My Pay.mp33.36 MB
 Front.jpg128.83 KB

Description

Blind Boy Fuller - Sweet Honey Hole VBR

Year 2009

Tracks
1. Sweet Honey Hole 2:47
2. My Brown Skin Sugar Plum 2:58
3. Somebody's Been Playing With That Thing 3:12
4. Baby I Don't Have To Worry 3:02
5. I'm Climbin On Top Of The Hill 3:17
6. You Never Can Tell 2:53
7. Big Leg Woman Gets My Pay 2:42
8. Untrue Blues 2:48
9. Mamie 2:43
10. Step It Up And Go 2:55
11. Ain't It A Cryin' Shame 3:02
12. Baby You Gotta Change Your Mind 3:12

Fulton Allen was born in Wadesboro, North Carolina, United States, to Calvin Allen and Mary Jane Walker. He was one of a family of 10 children, but after his mother's death he moved with his father to Rockingham. As a boy he learned to play the guitar and also learned from older singers the field hollers, country rags, and traditional songs and blues popular in poor, rural areas.
He married Cora Allen young and worked as a labourer, but began to lose his eyesight in his mid-teens. According to researcher Bruce Bastin, "While he was living in Rockingham he began to have trouble with his eyes. He went to see a doctor in Charlotte who allegedly told him that he had ulcers behind his eyes, the original damage having been caused by some form of snow-blindness." However, there is an alternative story that he was blinded by an ex-girlfriend who threw chemicals in his face.[1]
By 1928 he was completely blind, and turned to whatever employment he could find as a singer and entertainer, often playing in the streets. By studying the records of country blues players like Blind Blake and the "live" playing of Gary Davis, Allen became a formidable guitarist, and played on street corners and at house parties in Winston-Salem, NC, Danville, VA, and then Durham, North Carolina. In Durham, playing around the tobacco warehouses, he developed a local following which included guitarists Floyd Council and Richard Trice, as well as harmonica player Saunders Terrell, better known as Sonny Terry, and washboard player/guitarist

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
45.08 MB
seeders:0
leechers:1
Blind Boy Fuller - Sweet Honey Hole