(Blues) Jimmy Rogers - 1994 - Blue Bird (2012 HDtracks) [FLAC@96khz24bit] (Happy Torrents Day 2016)

seeders: 14
leechers: 7
Added on March 30, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

(Blues) Jimmy Rogers - 1994 - Blue Bird (2012 HDtracks) [FLAC@96khz24bit] (Happy Torrents Day 2016) (Size: 726.27 MB)
 01- I'm Tired Of Crying Over You.flac51.08 MB
 02-Blue Bird.flac60.7 MB
 03-Walkin' By Myself.flac33.43 MB
 04-Rock Me.flac55.61 MB
 05-I Lost A Good Woman.flac56.21 MB
 06-Howlin' For My Darling.flac55.46 MB
 07-Why Are You So Mean To Me.flac73.11 MB
 08-Blues Falling.flac33.04 MB
 09-Lemon Squeezer.flac52.32 MB
 10-That Ain't It (Baby I Need Your Love).flac28.77 MB
 11-Smokestack Lighting.flac61.54 MB
 12-Blue And Lonesome.flac54.39 MB
 13-Big Boss Man.flac42.28 MB
 14-Jam Session (a. Jammin' With Johnnie b. Saint Louis Blues).flac51.64 MB
 1994 - Blue Bird (2012 HDtracks) [FLAC@96khz24bit].txt4.67 KB
 Play - Jimmy Rogers - Blue Bird.m3u8441 bytes
 Blue Bird - booklet.pdf15.95 MB
 Blue Bird - sleeve.jpg745.86 KB

Description

Happy Torrents Day 2016

All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Jimmy Rogers

1994 - Blue Bird

(2012 HDtracks) [FLAC@96khz24bit]

Jimmy Rogers

Jimmy Rogers Playing Guitar 1991

Wikipedia:
Jimmy Rogers (June 3, 1924 – December 19, 1997) was a Chicago blues singer, guitarist and harmonica player, best known for his work as a member of Muddy Waters's band in the early 1950s. He also had solo hits on the R&B chart with "That's All Right" in 1950 and "Walking by Myself" in 1954.
He withdrew from the music industry at the end of the 1950s but returned to recording and touring in the 1970s.

Blue Bird

Artist: Jimmy Rogers
Title: Blue Bird
Format: WEB, 14 files FLAC, Reissue, Remastered, 24bit 96kHz HDtracks
Producers: Chad Kassem, John Koenig
Release Date: 2012
Original Release Date: June 1, 1994
Recorded: November 17 & 18, 1993 at Chicago Recording Company, Studio D.
Label: APO Records
Genre: Blues, Chicago Blues, Electric Chicago Blues
Total Time: 57:43 min

AllMusic Review by Ken Chang:
This was Jimmy Rogers' last "proper" Chicago blues album, and it deservedly won a W.C. Handy Award in 1995. There are no moonlighting rock stars here; they would come out in droves for Rogers' subsequent album Blues Blues Blues. And with the exception of the last track -- which is basically pianist Johnnie Johnson showing off for eight minutes -- Rogers sits squarely in the spotlight for the duration of Blue Bird. As expected, Rogers revisits a fair amount of his earlier repertoire ("Walking By Myself," "I Lost a Good Woman"), but he also digs up several original tunes that he had never gotten around to recording until now. Throw in a few Chicago standards ("Big Boss Man," "Rock Me," "Smokestack Lightning"), and you have a solid, laid-back, and tremendously satisfying album by one of the underrated masters. The backing band is a mix of Chicago blues brethren (Carey Bell on harp, Dave Myers on bass, Ted Harvey on drums) and family (Rogers' son Jimmy D. Lane on lead guitar), plus Johnson, who is perhaps a rock star by association since he played with Chuck Berry for 18 years. This one's a must-have.

Hi Fi News & Record Review by Ken Kessler:
Analogue Productions is proud to present the definitive album by Jimmy Rogers, one of the three founders of Muddy Water's first and greatest band, and a Chicago blues giant in his own right.
Jimmy, whose evocative and earthy guitar sound embodies Chicago Blues, is recognized as a writer of Chicago blues songs second only to Willie Dixon and is regarded as one of the greatest Chicago blues singers by fans and musical legends alike, including Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, who credits Jimmy as being one of his three greatest musical influences along with Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry.
As the musical genre Jimmy pioneered is gaining mass popularity in the nineties, Jimmy's classic guitar work has been heard by millions in television commercials featuring songs such as Rock Me by Muddy Waters and I Ain't Superstitious by Howlin' Wolf.
Jimmy is joined on this album by an all-star group comprised of the legendary pianist Johnnie Johnson, who was the backbone of all Chuck Berry's greatest hits, harmonica virtuoso Carey Bell, bassist Dave Myers, drummer Ted Harvey and lead guitarist Jimmy D. Lane. This recording won a W.C. Handy Award for the Best Traditional Blues Album in 1995.
Fans of Chicago blues aren't going to get any new recordings better than Jimmy Roger's Blue Bird... One of the reasons for the startling impact of this recording is the clear, resonant sound provided on both the LP and CD by Analogue Productions... - Michael Ullman, Stereophile "...this is a real 100% 1950s Chicago blues band and as can be expected the sounds they lay down are vintage and of the highest caliber. Finding a disc with such a pure and powerful Chicago blues on it in 1994 is a major revelation." - Andy Grigg, Westcoast Blues Review "The finest-ever marriage of the blues and audiophile sonics, a bona fide blues session with sound quality, mastered by Doug Sax, never before associated with the genre. It's the most 'analogue-sounding' CD I've ever heard."

01. I'm Tired Of Crying Over You - 3:45
02. Blue Bird - 4:46
03. Walkin' By Myself - 2:30
04. Rock Me - 4:22
05. I Lost A Good Woman - 4:18
06. Howlin' For My Darling - 4:12
07. Why Are You So Mean To Me - 5:28
08. Blues Falling - 2:23
09. Lemon Squeezer - 3:57
10. That Ain't It (Baby I Need Your Love) - 2:08
11. Smokestack Lightning - 4:25
12. Blue And Lonesome - 4:08
13. Big Boss Man - 3:06

Bonus Track:

14. Jam Session - 8:15:
14a. Jammin With Johnnie
14b. Saint Louis Blues

Lineup:

Bass – Dave Myers
Drums – Ted Harvey
Harmonica – Carey Bell
Lead Guitar – Jimmy D. Lane
Piano – Johnnie Johnson
Vocals, Guitar – Jimmy Rogers

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
726.27 MB
seeders:14
leechers:7
(Blues) Jimmy Rogers - 1994 - Blue Bird (2012 HDtracks) [FLAC@96khz24bit] (Happy Torrents Day 2016)

All Comments

Excellent Quality upload as usual. Thank-you for sharing.