Blum, Deborah-The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2014 - epub - zeke23

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on May 23, 2015 by zeke23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Blum, Deborah-The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2014 - epub - zeke23 (Size: 1.55 MB)
 Blum, Deborah-The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2014.epub1.55 MB

Description

The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2014 (Best American Science and Nature Writing)
by Deborah Blum (Editor), Tim Folger (Editor)
3.97 of 5 stars
3.97 · rating details · 222 ratings · 40 reviews
“Undeniably exquisite . . . The essays in the collection [are] meditations that reveal not only how science actually happens but also who or what propels its immutable humanity.” — Maria Popova, Brain Pickings

“A stimulating compendium.” — Kirkus Reviews

Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist and author Deborah Blum selects the year’s top science and nature writing from writers who balance research with humanity and in the process uncover riveting stories of discovery across the disciplines.

It's books like this that make me wish half stars were an option, because this was a solid 4.5 star book. Most of the articles/essays in this book were amazing. A few were duds and a few horrified me, but the grand majority of them were excellent and I am very glad that I read this book. I learned a lot and one article, the one about how the brain prefers paper, made me melt in a little puddle of happy goo.

Deborah Blum is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author.

As a science writer for the Sacramento Bee, Blum (rhymes with gum) wrote a series of articles examining the professional, ethical, and emotional conflicts between scientists who use animals in their research and animal rights activists who oppose that research. Titled "The Monkey Wars", the series won the 1992 Pulitzer Prize for Beat Reporting.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.55 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Blum, Deborah-The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2014 - epub - zeke23