Boo Hewerdine & Darden Smith - Evidence [1989][EAC,log,cue. FLAC]

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on August 31, 2013 by dickthespicin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Boo Hewerdine & Darden Smith - Evidence [1989][EAC,log,cue. FLAC] (Size: 254.24 MB)
 01 - All I Want (Is Everything).flac16.17 MB
 02 - Under the Darkest Moon.flac20.74 MB
 03 - Reminds Me (a Little of You).flac18.95 MB
 04 - South By South-West.flac17.21 MB
 05 - These Chains.flac15.91 MB
 06 - The First Chill of Winter.flac20 MB
 07 - Out Of This World.flac19.44 MB
 08 - Love Is a Strange Hotel.flac19.46 MB
 09 - Evidence.flac18.82 MB
 10 - Oil on the Water.flac22.78 MB
 11 - Tell Me Why.flac24.22 MB
 12 - Who, What, Where and Why.flac28.97 MB
 13 - A Town Called Blue.flac11.55 MB
 Boo Hewerdine & Darden Smith - Evidence.log6.25 KB
 Boo Hewerdine & Darden Smith - Evidence.m3u1.22 KB
 Evidence.cue3.1 KB

Description

Artist:Boo Hewerdine & Darden Smith
Release:Evidence
Released: 1989
Label: Chrysalis
Catalog#: 260.149
Format: FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue
Style:folk

01 - All I Want (Is Everything)
02 - Under the Darkest Moon
03 - Reminds Me (a Little of You)
04 - South By South-West
05 - These Chains
06 - The First Chill of Winter
07 - Out of This World
08 - Love Is a Strange Hotel
09 - Evidence
10 - Oil on the Water
11 - Tell Me Why
12 - Who, What, Where and Why
13 - A Town Called Blue

There’s a large chunk of beauty to this 1989 release. Boo Hewerdine and Darden Smith played two different styles of music from two different parts of our world. Boo was a long-time member of the British band “The Bible.” They could loosely be classified as a pop/alt/indie/jangly band while Darden was a solo artist. A “New Country” singer/songwriter if you will out of Austin, Texas.

The sound they produced in their one and only collaborative effort fell somewhere in between. It truly was collaboration. Both players shared in the sound and especially the vocal arrangements. The harmonizing was fantastic as was the interplay during the trade-off of parts. They sounded so well together, as if they had been band mates for years on end.

Having said that. I’m not sure if that was even the best part of the music. No, I think the best part of these songs was always the melodies. These songs quickly seemed like old friends to me. It was almost like I knew them from somewhere before. Maybe that’s another reason I like listening to this album at this time of year. It’s almost like family is coming home for the holidays.

Most of the music is simple. The two of them almost always on acoustic guitars along with maybe a little bass line at times and maybe a little shuffle drums at other times. It didn’t stop there. Just when you think you’ve got them figured out slide guitarist extraordinaire Sonny Landreth makes an appearance. You can hear him below on the video playlist in the song “Love is a Strange Hotel.” Syd Straw adds vocals as well. Many of the band members appearing were from Darden’s recording and touring band at the time.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
254.24 MB
seeders:0
leechers:1
Boo Hewerdine & Darden Smith - Evidence [1989][EAC,log,cue. FLAC]