Brigitte DeMeyer - Savannah Road [2014] [WEB/FLAC]

seeders: 12
leechers: 6
Added on January 7, 2015 by DitchesPickin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Brigitte DeMeyer - Savannah Road [2014] [WEB/FLAC] (Size: 250.31 MB)
 11 - Simmer Right.flac17 MB
 10 - Lightnin' Poor.flac24.81 MB
 12 - Build Me a Fire.flac27.99 MB
 13 - My Someday.flac13.04 MB
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes
 Front.jpg307.23 KB
 09 - Home Ground.flac11.98 MB
 08 - Worker.flac18.98 MB
 03 - Boy's Got Soul.flac17.58 MB
 02 - Say You Will Be Mine.flac19.2 MB
 04 - Please Believe Me.flac22.43 MB
 05 - Big Man's Shoes.flac17.47 MB
 07 - Honey Hush.flac18.38 MB
 06 - Conjure Woman.flac26.45 MB
 01 - Savannah Road.flac14.7 MB

Description

FLAC / Lossless
Label/Cat#: Brigitte DeMeyer / MRI #BDM 6
Year: April 29, 2014
Genre: Americana
Format:Digital

1. The Curse of Love (Part 1) (3:14)
2. Wrapped In Blue (3:08)
3. You Closed the Door (3:51)
4. The Second Self (2:32)
5. View From the Mirror (3:29)
6. The Watcher In the Distance (4:50)
7. Gently (3:11)
8. Willow Song (3:22)
9. The Golden Bough (3:29)
10. The Game (3:09)
11. Nine Times the Colour Red (2:51)
12. The Curse of Love (Part 2) (2:48)

With her sixth offering, Savannah Road, DeMeyer gives the listener access to a special place in her mind. The title track is inspired by Gregg Allman’s book My Cross to Bear. The celebrated musician’s biography was DeMeyer’s companion and took her in all different, musical and emotional directions. It helped her feel connected to Georgia, the South, and in the process, connected to herself. Due out April 2014, Savannah Road intermingles acoustic steel and slide guitar, fingerpicking, gospel-tinged vocals and literary imagery. DeMeyer writes songs as weavers thread tapestries. Poetry laden with southern groove, her music transports to another place and time. A self-produced collection of 13 songs written mostly by DeMeyer and frequent collaborator and string-master Will Kimbrough, Savannah Road has been described as “gorgeous and greasy.” DeMeyer simply calls it “acoustic soul.”
DeMeyer has built a solid foundation with her first five albums, collaborating with giants of the Americana drummer/producer Brady Blade, Buddy Miller, Sam Bush, and more recently, Kimbrough—and has shown herself to have a wonderfully natural feel for soul-steeped, blues-infused roots music. The daughter of Belgian and German immigrants, she was born in the Midwest, and at a young age moved to Southern California with her family where she started latching onto rootsy sounds, from Etta James, Mavis Staples and Sly Stone, to her discovery of The Allman Brothers, Steve Earle and of course, Patti Griffin. Before embarking on the quest that brings Brigitte’s music to the main stage, she acquired a Bachelors of Arts Degree from the University of San Diego and, instead of sleeping on random couches and going the “starving artist”route, she took the road less travelled in rock and roll: She got a job. Not wanting to depend on anybody, she worked to make enough money to get her music career going, realizing that being self-sufficient was the only way to feel truly content while turning her musical dreams into a reality. Brigitte was able to pay rent and play music. Eventually, she was able to leave the marketing world behind and concentrate on her craft full-time.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
250.31 MB
seeders:12
leechers:6