Buddy Guy - Blues Singer (2003)

seeders: 19
leechers: 3
Added on August 29, 2013 by caraibboin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Buddy Guy - Blues Singer (2003) (Size: 242.7 MB)
 Back.jpg461.63 KB
 Front.jpg408.14 KB
 Buddy Guy - Blues Singer.ape241.85 MB
 Buddy Guy - Blues Singer.cue1.32 KB
 Buddy Guy - Blues Singer.log771 bytes

Description

Artist...............: Buddy Guy
Album................: Blues Singer
Genre................: Blues
Source...............: Cd
Year.................: 2003
Ripper...............: Exact Audio Copy
Codec................: APE
Information..........: TntVillage
Covers...............: Front
Total Size...........: 242 Mb

---------------------------------------
Rewiev

Arriving after the unexpected blast of raw energy that was 2001's Sweet Tea, 2003's Blues Singer

could idealistically be seen as the acoustic flip side of that high-voltage, raw electric blues. Like

Sweet Tea, Blues Singer is supposed to exist deep down within the Delta blues tradition, only finding

Buddy Guy armed with an acoustic guitar and the occasional minimal accompaniment; it's even recorded

at the same Mississippi studio that gave its name to the 2001 platter and is helmed by the same

producer, Dennis Herring. If only it were that simple! Instead of being an extension or a mirror

image of its predecessor, this record is a sleepy comedown from an exhilarating peak. Where Sweet Tea

was filled with unpredictable song choices, this plays it safe, hauling out such familiar items as

"Hard Time Killing Floor," "Crawlin' Kingsnake," "I Love the Life I Live," and "Sally Mae." And while

this retains Jimbo Mathus on guitar, when other musicians pop up, it's not the lively Fat Possum

crew, it's studio pros like Jim Keltner, or guest shots by superstars Eric Clapton and B.B. King.

While this does afford listeners the rare opportunity to hear B.B. on acoustic, it gives the affair

the audience-pleasing veneer that weighed down his mid-'90s efforts. Plus, when it comes right down

to it, Guy simply is off on this record, with lazy, mannered vocals and by the book guitar. Despite a

few good acoustic duet sessions with Junior Wells, acoustic blues is not really Guy's forte, and the

highly disappointing Blues Singer illustrates exactly why.

Tracklist

01. Hard Time Killing Floor
02. Crawlin' Kingsnake
03. Lucy Mae Blues
04. Can't See Baby
05. I Love The Life I Live
06. Louise McGhee
07. Moanin' And Groanin'
08. Black Cat Blues
09. Bad Life Blues