Buddy Holly and The Crickets - The "Chirping" Crickets [1963] [FLAC Mono Vinyl]

seeders: 6
leechers: 0
Added on February 8, 2013 by dickthespicin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Buddy Holly and The Crickets - The "Chirping" Crickets [1963] [FLAC Mono Vinyl] (Size: 143.52 MB)
 back-cover.jpg403.31 KB
 Front-Cover.jpg351.2 KB
 Side-1-Label.jpg496.92 KB
 Side-2-Label.jpg528.44 KB
 01 Oh boy.flac12.57 MB
 02 Not Fade Away.flac12.42 MB
 03 You've Got Love.flac11.98 MB
 04 Maybe Baby.flac11.58 MB
 05 it's too late.flac12.73 MB
 06 Tell me How.flac10.49 MB
 07 That'll Be The Day.flac14.45 MB
 08 I'm Looking For Someone To Love.flac11.87 MB
 09 An Empty Cup (And A Broken Date).flac11.72 MB
 10 Send Me Some Lovin'.flac13.13 MB
 11 Last Night.flac9.29 MB
 12 Rock Me My Baby.flac9.56 MB
 Buddy Holly - The Chirping Crickets [MCA-25170 Mono Vinyl].cue1.87 KB
 Buddy Holly - The Chirping Crickets [MCA-25170 Mono Vinyl].m3u313 bytes

Description

One of the 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.
List taken from then book edited by Robert Dimery.

Artists: Buddy Holly, The Crickets
Release: The "Chirping" Crickets
Discogs: 3432412
Released: 1963 / 1987
Label: Coral / MCA Records
Catalog#: CRL 757405 / CDL 8035
Format: FLAC / Lossless / Cue / Vinyl
Style: Rock, Rock & Roll

Tracklisting:

01. Oh Boy (2:07)
02. Not Fade Away (2:21)
03. You've Got Love (2:05)
04. Maybe Baby (2:01)
05. It's Too Late (2:22)
06. Tell Me How (1:58)
07. That'll Be The Day (2:14)
08. I'm Looking For Someone To Love (1:55)
09. An Empty Cup (And A Broken Date) (2:11)
10. Send Me Some Lovin' (2:33)
11. Last Night (1:53)
12. Rock Me My Baby (1:47)

When John Lennon walked on to the set of the Ed Sullivan show in 1964 his first words were “Is this the stage that Buddy Holly played on?” When Bob Dylan accepted a Grammy in 1998 he stated, “And I just want to say that when I was sixteen or seventeen years old, I went to see Buddy Holly play at Duluth National Guard Armory and I was three feet away from him...and he looked at me. And I just have some sort of feeling that he was - I don't know how or why - but I know he was with us all the time we were making this record in some kind of way.” The conclusion of this is simple; Buddy Holly is in no uncertain terms a musical legend. As an artist he is a primary influence behind The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Beach Boys and The Rolling Stones, even if his music were near unlistenable his name would be cemented in musical history for that alone.

As with any artist of this stature there is a certain mystique that surrounds their music and honest opinions (most notably negative ones) are hard to come by. Just look at The Beatles, how can anyone say the Beatles made bad music, when they are The Beatles; the biggest, most significant and most successful musical act of all time? Thankfully such moral dilemmas are of no issue here because in addition to being massively musical significant Holly was also a hugely talented and innovative musician in his own right, and that is an often understated aspect of his legacy.

Perhaps the most initially striking thing about Holly’s music which history often discounts is that Holly is not cool, at all. He is for want of a better word, a square. One look at the man himself reveals the obvious and it’s abundantly clear from his music. He was the Rivers Cuomo of his day, unlucky in love, unlucky in life but a genius at writing a pop hook. As a native of Lubbock, Texas (a town with more churches per person than anywhere else in the world) Holly is exactly the opposite of everything Elvis was. He was a grittier alternative to the king, a critic’s rock and roll pioneer instead of a housewives’ favourite and unlike Elvis he successfully converted the black audience with his talent, avoiding the white man stealing black music criticism which is so often targeted at Elvis.

The Chirping Cricket’s was Buddy Holly’s debut album and his only one released before his tragic death at the age of 22. Musically Holly’s melodies are still fresh and interesting half a century later and sound something like Brian Wilson if he were a hillbilly. Although slightly top heavy the album is still full of catchy ditties and Holly’s trademark “Hiccup” vocals matched up with complimentary (and for the time groundbreaking) harmonies. Instrumentally it’s bouncy 50’s/60’s pop with a feint bluegrass/country vibe, a homage to Holly’s roots but also features many “new” instruments from the genre such as the use of a Celesta. Lyrically too Holly made great strides forward in that he gradually moved away from writing love songs. By modern standards (or even the standard ten years later) his lyrics are weak and cliché but judged within the context of the age in which they were made Holly was once again ahead of the game. Choice cuts are the fast paced rocker ‘Not Fade Away’ and the more ballady “You’ve Got Love” but there isn’t a weak song to be found and at only twenty eight minutes in length the album is a swift and enjoyable blast from the past. The Chirping Cricket’s is an album worth checking out not just because of the legend of Buddy Holly and not just because of the impact it had on music but because the guy wrote a lot of damn good tunes.

dickthespic.org

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
143.52 MB
seeders:6
leechers:0
Buddy Holly and The Crickets - The "Chirping" Crickets [1963] [FLAC Mono Vinyl]

All Comments

Thanks bro