carmageddon_concept_arts.zip2.03 MB
 carmageddon_wallpaper.zip1 MB
 carmageddon_manual.zip957.88 KB
 carmageddon_reference_card.zip409.92 KB
 carmageddon_avatars.zip69.43 KB

Description

Release: Carmageddon Max Pack

The Armageddon starts with C.

Carmageddon Max Pack, the game of ruthless racing rivalry and motorized metal mayhem is now available on GOG.com for only $9.99.

Ah, automobile racing! Such a classy sport. The pinnacle of friendly rivalry, fair play, and finesse. There's quite no other activity a gentleman could enjoy more on a Sunday afternoon in the company of his good chums. I know there are some unprogressive circles proclaiming automobile racing to be brutish, morally corrupt, and unworthy of a true gentleman. I say! It's hard to understand all that public controversy surrounding our favorite pastime. Some accidents are bound to happen, but risk is a crucial ingredient of every elite entertainment. It's certainly not like we are putting anyone but ourselves in the harm's way. The thought that a gentleman driver could run over a pedestrian with his automobile is simply... pedestrian. I can't imagine how this noble sport could ever become unfair, not to mention brutal. Absurd notion, I say. Absurd!
--Sir Harold M. Damage, April 1908, Dullbottomshire

Carmageddon Max Pack, a dynamic racing game with original vehicles, exaggerated car damage model, (un)realistic physics engine, and little to no rules, embodies all the fears of early auto racing contestators. With deviously designed tracks, oddball drivers, and wheeled monstrosities that pass for cars, this game will entertain you just as much as it will shock you. The Max Pack edition includes the original Carmageddon and the Splat Pack expansion. You have to see it for yourself. But before you go, here's a little pro tip: the best way to make sure that no one reaches the finish line before you do is to make sure that no one reaches it at all. In other words--don't hold back!

Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now was released on November 30, 1998. The game was developed by Stainless Games and published by SCi (Sales Curve Interactive). It was released for both PC & Mac.

As with Carmageddon, there are 3 ways to finish most levels:

Complete the race, passing through every checkpoint before time runs out
Waste all the opponents
Kill every pedestrian in the level

Three levels of difficulty are available to choose from.

As the player progresses through the game they unlock 'groups' of levels. These consist of 3 standard "Race, Wreck, or Wreak havoc among the populace" levels, followed by a Mission.*

Each mission has specific tasks to accomplish, and must be passed to unlock the next group. The game is completed when group 10 is finished, and all cars and levels are unlocked as a reward.

The time limits are more generous than in the first game, and the player can kill pedestrians, crash into opponents or perform certain actions to gain extra time.

Carmageddon II was one of the few racing games at the time to feature deformable models with removable parts on its cars, making for more realistic dents and crashes. The vehicles can be bent in half, leaving them with fewer wheels on the ground, and can even be sheared in half, causing retirement from the race if the damage is not repaired before the vehicle touches the ground. It also featured the ability to save a QuickTime movie from the Action Replay mode.

*Okay, I admit it (writes nobby)... The missions were difficult. BLOODY difficult. They were a late addition to the game design, and I had to very little time to implement them all and even less time to test them. I'd been playing the game non-stop since you could first drive a car around in the original game's development, so I was pretty good at it. And I made the missions do-able by my standards. And so I stand before you, guilty of making a game too challenging for most mere mortals. It's a guilt I'll carry with me to my grave.

Windows 7 tested and working.....

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
615.86 MB
seeders:1
leechers:1
Carmageddon Mega Pack

Screenshots

Carmageddon Mega Pack screenshot
Carmageddon Mega Pack screenshot