Carole King – 1971 - Tapestry (1999 SACD Expanded Remaster) [FLAC@88.2khz24bit]

seeders: 12
leechers: 2
Added on June 22, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Carole King – 1971 - Tapestry (1999 SACD Expanded Remaster) [FLAC@88.2khz24bit] (Size: 987.24 MB)
 01. I Feel The Earth Move.flac58.85 MB
 02. So Far Away.flac73.99 MB
 03. It's Too Late.flac74.63 MB
 04. Home Again.flac47.13 MB
 05. Beautiful.flac59.96 MB
 06. Way Over Yonder.flac91.23 MB
 07. You've Got A Friend.flac97 MB
 08. Where You Lead.flac64.85 MB
 09. Will You Love Me Tomorrow.flac80.53 MB
 10. Smackwater Jack.flac72.97 MB
 11. Tapestry.flac61.91 MB
 12. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman.flac74.26 MB
 13. Out In The Cold.flac51.25 MB
 14. Smackwater Jack (Live).flac61.92 MB
 Carole King – 1971 - Tapestry (1999 SACD Expanded Remaster) [FLAC@88.2khz24bit].txt6.01 KB
 folder.jpg278.86 KB
 Back In.jpg922.99 KB
 Back Out.jpg1.23 MB
 Booklet In.jpg4.44 MB
 Booklet Out.jpg6.51 MB
 Cover Back.jpg1.28 MB
 Cover Front.jpg1.15 MB
 Disc.jpg764.3 KB
 foo_dr.txt1.6 KB
 Lossless Audio Checker.html215.54 KB
 Lossless Audio Checker.log2.51 KB

Description

All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Carole King – 1971 - Tapestry

(1999 SACD Expanded Remaster)

[FLAC@88.2khz24bit]

Carole King

Carole King in 1977

Wikipedia:
Carole King (born February 9, 1942) is an American composer and singer-songwriter. King's career began in the 1960s when she, along with her then husband Gerry Goffin, wrote more than two dozen chart hits for numerous artists, many of which have become standards. She has continued writing for other artists since then. King's success as a performer in her own right did not come until the 1970s, when she sang her own songs, accompanying herself on the piano, in a series of albums and concerts. After experiencing commercial disappointment with her debut album Writer, King scored her breakthrough with the album Tapestry, which topped the U.S. album chart for 15 weeks in 1971 and remained on the charts for more than six years. In 2000 Billboard pop music researcher Joel Whitburn named King the most successful female songwriter of 1955–99 because she wrote or co-wrote 118 pop hits on the Billboard Hot 100. King wrote 61 hits that charted in the UK. In 2005 music historian Stuart Devoy found her the most successful female songwriter on the UK singles charts 1952–2005. King has made 25 solo albums, the most successful being Tapestry, which held the record for most weeks at No. 1 by a female artist for more than 20 years. Her most recent non-compilation album was Live at the Troubadour in 2010, a collaboration with James Taylor that reached number 4 on the charts in its first week and has sold over 600,000 copies. Her records sales were estimated at more than 75 million copies worldwide. She has won four Grammy Awards and was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for her songwriting. She is the recipient of the 2013 Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, the first woman to be so honored. She is also a 2015 Kennedy Center Honoree.

Tapestry (1999 SACD Expanded Remaster)

Artist: Carole King
Title: Tapestry
Format: SACD, Hybrid, Album, Stereo, Expanded, Remastered
Producer: Lou Adler
SACD Stereo Mix Producer: Bob Irwin
Release Date: February 10, 1971, (May 25, 1999)
Recorded: January 1971 in Studio B, A&M Recording Studios
Label: Ode/Epic/Legacy
Catalog: 493180 6
Barcode: 5 099749 318069
ASIN: B00000J2PH
Genre: Rock, Folk Rock, Pop
Duration: 50:57

Wikipedia:
Tapestry is the second album by American singer-songwriter Carole King, released in 1971 on Ode Records and produced by Lou Adler. It is one of the best-selling albums of all time, with over 25 million copies sold worldwide. In the United States, it has been certified diamond by the RIAA with more than 10 million copies sold. It received four Grammy Awards in 1972, including Album of the Year. The lead single from the album — "It's Too Late"/"I Feel the Earth Move" — spent five weeks at number one on both the Billboard Hot 100 and Easy Listening charts. In 2003, Tapestry was ranked number 36 on Rolling Stone list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. King wrote or co-wrote all of the songs on the album, several of which had already been hits for other artists such as Aretha Franklin's "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" and The Shirelles' "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" (in 1960). Three songs were co-written with King's ex-husband Gerry Goffin. James Taylor, who encouraged King to sing her own songs and who also played on Tapestry, would later have a number one hit with "You've Got a Friend". Two songs were co-written with Toni Stern: "It's Too Late" and "Where You Lead". In 2003 The album was one of 50 recordings chosen by the Library of Congress to be added to the National Recording Registry. The cover photograph was taken by A&M staff photographer Jim McCrary at King's Laurel Canyon home. It shows her sitting in a window frame, holding a tapestry she hand-stitched herself, with her cat Telemachus at her feet.

AllMusic Review by Jason Ankeny:
Carole King brought the fledgling singer/songwriter phenomenon to the masses with Tapestry, one of the most successful albums in pop music history. A remarkably expressive and intimate record, it's a work of consummate craftsmanship. Always a superior pop composer, King reaches even greater heights as a performer; new songs like the hits "It's Too Late" and "I Feel the Earth Move" rank solidly with past glories, while songs like "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow," and "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" take on added resonance when delivered in her own warm, compelling voice. With its reliance on pianos and gentle drumming, Tapestry is a light and airy work on its surface, occasionally skirting the boundaries of jazz, but it's also an intensely emotional record, the songs confessional and direct; in its time it connected with listeners like few records before it, and it remains an illuminating experience decades later.

01. I Feel The Earth Move - 3:00
02. So Far Away - 3:55
03. It’s Too Late - 3:54
04. Home Again - 2:29
05. Beautiful - 3:08
06. Way Over Yonder - 4:49
07. You’ve Got A Friend - 5:09
08. Where You Lead - 3:20
09. Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 4:13
10. Smackwater Jack - 3:42
11. Tapestry - 3:15
12. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - 3:59

1999 CD Reissue Previously Unreleased Bonus Tracks:

13. Out In The Cold - 2:44
14. Smackwater Jack [Live, Boston, Massachusetts May 21, 1973] - 3:21

Personnel:

Carole King – piano, keyboards, vocals, background vocals
Curtis Amy – flute; baritone, soprano, and tenor saxophone; string quartet
Steve Barzyk – drums
David Campbell – cello, viola
Merry Clayton – background vocals
Terry King – cello, tenor saxophone, string quartet
Danny "Kootch" Kortchmar – acoustic guitar, conga, electric guitar, vocals
Russ Kunkel – drums
Charles "Charlie" Larkey – bass guitar, string bass, string quartet
Joni Mitchell – background vocals
Joel O'Brien – drums
Ralph Schuckett – electric piano
Barry Socher – violin, tenor saxophone, viola, string quartet
Perry Steinberg – bass guitar, violin, tenor saxophone, string bass
James Taylor – acoustic guitar, backing vocals
Julia Tillman – background vocals

Note:
This is not my rip
My thanks to the original uploader

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
987.24 MB
seeders:12
leechers:2
Carole King – 1971 - Tapestry (1999 SACD Expanded Remaster) [FLAC@88.2khz24bit]

All Comments

Classic album, one of the best of the 20th century.
thank you :)
Thanks for sharing!
grazie