Chet Baker-Chet; audiophile CD, Analogue Productions, FLAC

seeders: 15
leechers: 8
Added on September 3, 2015 by RonChattin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Chet Baker-Chet; audiophile CD, Analogue Productions, FLAC (Size: 220.89 MB)
 Back.jpg408.72 KB
 Chet Baker - Chet.cue1.26 KB
 Chet Baker - Chet.flac218.16 MB
 Chet Baker - Chet.jpg878.83 KB
 Chet Baker - Chet.log9.96 KB
 Inner 1.jpg1.08 MB
 Inner 2.jpg385.64 KB

Description

This is perhaps the ultimate mood jazz record. Trumpet player Chet Baker, then at the height of his creative powers, chose to do an album entirely made up of ballads. He found excellent support for his project by musicians such as Herbie Mann (flute), Pepper Adams (baritone saxophone) and the fabulous Bill Evans (piano). Alone Together, the first track, is a good demonstration of what this album is all about. It is introduced by a few, widely spaced notes by Bill Evans, which lead to Baker's first brief solo, very soft, very lonely, but after which you will probably already have forgotten all your worldly worries while you are sitting snuggled up in your favourite armchair. Pepper Adams and Herbie Mann, with a very sombre tone, follow with brief solo spots, which sustain the very quiet after hours mood very well. After that, Connie Kay's drums set in and the pace quickens slightly, backing another, longer solo by Chet, before the whole group returns to the mood of the beginning of the tune. This mood is sustained throughout the album, and I think that there is simply no better record for a dark, rainy afternoon than this one. Despite the fact that 45 years have passed since its recording, the superior sound quality of the original plus the 20 Bit Mastering make this an outstanding record.
Many albums are out that supposedly contain relaxing, moody jazz, with titles using such terms as Lounge Jazz, Bar Jazz and many more. All these records intend to do is to supply you with music that can be listened to without much strain, i.e. music that will be well suited for a quiet evening. Unfortunately, not many of these collections are any good, since they either contain a poor choice of tunes, including many tunes that are none too pleasant, or they are simply too shallow. None of these faults can be found on this album. There is no tune that breaks the mood, nor is the playing in any way shallow. And for once, I will quote the liner notes that say "above all there is an overall cohesiveness and beauty that makes this [...] an unusually pleasurable and warm listening experience." Right he is.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
220.89 MB
seeders:15
leechers:8
Chet Baker-Chet; audiophile CD, Analogue Productions, FLAC

All Comments

Jazzaddict..
Yes, I went back to the original disk and checked, after all using Exact Audio Copy should be EXACT, and if it doesn't drop a bit, it should not drop an entire track. And here is what I found...

...the liner notes appear to be lifted directly from the Riverside issue of this disk. Track #10 is listed as a 'bonus' track. On the back of the CD, only 9 tracks are listed, and indeed only 9 tracks appear.

So it appears that Analogue Productions have eschewed using the one bonus track in order to preserve authenticity to the original 1958 LP release. IME experience most bonus tracks are to fill in the extra 10-30 minutes that the medium will allow. Indeed I can think of quite a few LPs that even with the 40-odd minute constraints had weaker tracks included just to pad out the vinyl. I personally would have preferred a wider and less compressed groove without the dead tracks.

So, the missing track is not truly missing. Like quantum fluctuation, something that came out of nowhere and nothingness has no choice but to return to nowhere and nothingness.

BTW, if you are truly a jazz addict, have you downloaded the Gary Burton album that I transcribed from LP...amazing sound quality-and who needs cowbell when you got vibrophone!

You can find it here...
https://kat.cm/duster-gary-b...tadata-reseed-t11062936.html
FYI: Track 10 seems to be missing. But what is there is good.
FYI: Track 10 seems to be missing.