One of Them.png327.89 KB
 Surely you can't be serious....png1.58 MB
 Vincent Price -- he IS legend.png81.01 KB
 What's long, hard, and filled with Japanese seamenɁ.png164.24 KB
 Yamato, of course!.png752.92 KB
 Yup -- prehistoric women, all right.png355.91 KB

Description

Classic Sci Fi Collection

Reasonable people might reasonably disagree on the exact demarcations between science fiction, monster movies, and fantasy. In a sense, "Godzilla" is science fiction, as plausible explanations are given for his (and his cohorts') existence in the modern world. In the same sense, "Jurassic Park" is as much a monster movie as anything from Toho Studios, even if velociraptors don't breathe atomic fire.

All to the point: some may disagree with my characterization of some of the movies in this collection, as well as my forthcoming "Classic Monsters" collection. "Them!" and "The Day of the Triffids" are both arguably more monster movie than sci-fi; on the other hand, the alien creatures in the two entries from the "Quatermass" series are more monsters than any triffid. So to any who are dissatisfied with my classifications: deal with it. Wait a couple of weeks, download my Monsters collection when released, and shuffle them around to your liking. To be fair, the Classic Monsters collection will be quite large, and I wanted as much as possible in this one.

Some words on the collection itself. Many of these are from Toho Studios, who are just as prolific in the science fiction field as the monster, but many are little known in the English speaking world. Fortunately, in these great days, they are almost as readily available as any Godzilla movie. But to keep this from from being strictly a "Japanese Sci Fi" collection, I've included a number of American and English movies too, some for their fame, some for their undeserved obscurity.

The version of this readme in the actual torrent file gives a brief plot synopsis and some comments on the movies.

This torrent collection is a release of the Penny Robinson Fan Club. Please visit Penny and us at our online home, http://pennyrobinsonfanclub.net/ , where you can make a donation to help support our work.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
24.82 GB
seeders:1
leechers:13
Classic Sci Fi

Screenshots

Classic Sci Fi screenshot