Claude Simon - Nobel Prize in Literature, 1985 (4 books)

seeders: 74
leechers: 5
Added on November 1, 2014 by coldnorthwindin Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

Claude Simon - Nobel Prize in Literature, 1985 (4 books) (Size: 5.71 MB)
 Simon, Claude - Triptych (John Calder, 1977).jpg134.57 KB
 Simon, Claude - Triptych (John Calder, 1977).pdf1.75 MB
 Simon, Claude - The Trolley (New Press, 2002).jpg141.82 KB
 Simon, Claude - The Trolley (New Press, 2002).pdf833.92 KB
 Simon, Claude - World About Us (Ontario Review, 1983).jpg94.65 KB
 Simon, Claude - World About Us (Ontario Review, 1983).pdf1.07 MB
 Simon, Claude - Conducting Bodies (Grove, 1987).jpg103.46 KB
 Simon, Claude - Conducting Bodies (Grove, 1987).pdf1.6 MB

Description

CLAUDE SIMON (1913-2005) was a French novelist and recipient of the 1985 Nobel Prize in Literature for "combin[ing] the poet's and the painter's creativeness with a deepened awareness of time in the depiction of the human condition". He is often associated with the nouveau roman movement exemplified in the works of Alain Robbe-Grillet and Michel Butor, and while his fragmented narratives certainly contain some of the formal disruption characteristic of that movement -- in particular TRIPTYCH (1973) -- he nevertheless retains a strong sense of narrative and character.

Simon's work is thematically and stylistically highly original. More often than not, Simon depicts a reality of death and dissolution, with war a common presence. He is also preoccupied with the ways in which humans experience time, and the novels often dwell on images of old-age, which are frequently seen through the uncomprehending eyes of childhood. Simon rejects the conventional novels of the nineteenth century and embraces Dostoyevsky, Conrad, Joyce, Proust, and Faulkner, whose highly charged, evocative use of language he draws upon. Objects and scenes echo each other, are repeated, turned over and examined in minute detail from many angles; time flows backward, forward, and back again with changing points of view.

The following books are in PDF format:

* CONDUCTING BODIES (Grove, 1987). Translated by Helen R. Lane.

* TRIPTYCH (John Calder, 1977). Translated by Helen R. Lane with an Introduction by John Fletcher.

* THE TROLLEY (New Press, 2002). Translated by Richard Howard.

* THE WORLD ABOUT US (Ontario Review, 1983). Translated by Daniel Weissbort with an Introduction by Mark W. Andrews.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
5.71 MB
seeders:74
leechers:5
Claude Simon - Nobel Prize in Literature, 1985 (4 books)

All Comments

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I thought it was the end of the world when I could not find Simon's books in my place. But I'm thankful you're there. Thank you!