Climate Code Red, The Case for Emergency - David Spratt

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on January 28, 2012 by Tybiein Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Climate Code Red, The Case for Emergency - David Spratt (Size: 444.27 KB)
 Climate Code Red_ The Case for Emergency - David Spratt.epub444.22 KB
 Demonoid.txt46 bytes

Description

Climate Code Red: The Case for Emergency Action - David Spratt

Publication Date: April 1, 2009
Revealing extensive scientific evidence that the global warming crisis is far worse than officially indicated, this meticulously documented call-to-action argues that the planet is almost at the point of no return. From large ice sheets disintegrating and devastating losses of species to the promise that sea levels will rise more than 16 feet this century, this study shows that it is no longer a case of how much more can be “safely” emitted but whether emissions can be stopped completely before the Earth’s climate is beyond human restoration. Demonstrating that these imperatives are incompatible with politics and a "business as usual" attitude, this survey illustrates how the environment faces a sustainability emergency that urgently requires a clear break from failure-inducing compromise.

Review
"Persuasive and very frightening overview of global warming" —Publishers Weekly

"A compelling case for recognising, as the UN secretary-general has said, that we face a climate emergency." —Dr. James Hansen, director, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Goddard Institute for Space Studies

"Having been involved with global warming climate change as a researcher in environmental health for 25 years, I can say that this is without question by far the best book to date on this issue—the first book to have the integrity to say how the situation really is." —Dr. Peter Carter, founding director, Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment

"Read Climate Code Red. I wish I had read it sooner; it's high-caliber work . . . the best I've seen, and I agree completely." —Ken Ward, former deputy director, Greenpeace USA

"A sober, balanced analysis of this challenge, unadorned by political spin, proposing a realistic framework to tackle the emergency." —Ian Dunlop, former international oil, gas, and coal industry executive
About the Author
David Spratt is a climate policy analyst and cofounder of Carbon Equity, which advocates personal carbon allowances as the most fair and equitable means of rapidly reducing carbon emissions. He has extensive advocacy experience in the peace movement and in developing community campaign communication and marketing strategies. Philip Sutton is the convener of the Greenleap Strategic Institute, a nonprofit environmental strategy think tank and advisory organization promoting the achievement of global and local ecological sustainability. He is the founder and director of strategy for Green Innovations, the architect of the Victorian Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act, and a former president of the Australian and New Zealand Society for Ecological Economics.
Product Details
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Scribe Publications Pty Ltd. (April 1, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1921372206
ISBN-13: 978-1921372209

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
444.27 KB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Climate Code Red, The Case for Emergency - David Spratt