Club Protocol Release: Peony in Love KINDLE MOBI by Lisa See H.A.

seeders: 2
leechers: 1
Added on August 28, 2015 by Heidi-Annein Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

Club Protocol Release: Peony in Love KINDLE MOBI by Lisa See H.A. (Size: 717.45 KB)
 Club Protocol Release.png14.36 KB
 Cover.jpg83.17 KB
 metadata.opf3.67 KB
 Peony in Love by Lisa See.mobi616.21 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ooo.txt48 bytes

Description

Lisa See's 5th novel, Peony in Love, is perhaps her most challenging. See researched Chinese Opera and centuries old Chinese fiction and combined the two to create her own version and narrative based somewhat upon the conjoining of earlier Chinese authors.
In Peony in Love, the opera The Peony Pavilion by Tang Xianzu, The Three Wives' Commentary on The Peony Pavilion and the theme of love all play important roles. Of the latter, See has said: "I wanted to explore different aspects of love: gratitude love, pity love, respectful love, romantic love, sexual love, sacrificing love, duty love, and finally mother love". See also states that The Three Wives' Commentary had a special influence on her as she researched the large amount of writing done by Chinese women in the 17th century, most of it largely unknown today. "Then I came across The Three Wives' Commentary -- the first book of its kind to have been published anywhere in the world to have been written by women -- three wives, no less. With that, my interest turned into an obsession". The three wives of Wu Ren in the novel—Chen Tong (Peony), Tan Ze, and Qian Yi were, in fact, the real women who wrote The Three Wives' Commentary.

The opera presents the love of Du Liniang for a young man named Liu Mengmei, whom she meets in a dream. Unable to turn her dream into reality, Liniang wastes away and dies, haunting Lui as a ghost. Eventually he finds a way to bring Liniang back to life, allowing them to find ultimate happiness.

Idea: Add Advanced Search Function...igin and Language for BOOKS!

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
717.45 KB
seeders:2
leechers:1
Club Protocol Release: Peony in Love KINDLE MOBI by Lisa See H.A.