Collaborating for Results: Silo Working and Relationships that Work - David Ian Willcock - [PDF][N27]

seeders: 2
leechers: 4
Added on June 24, 2016 by N27in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Collaborating for Results: Silo Working and Relationships that Work - David Ian Willcock - [PDF][N27] (Size: 3.37 MB)
 Collaborating for Results.pdf3.24 MB
 Cover.jpg129.56 KB

Description

Collaborating for Results: Silo Working and Relationships that Work

by

David Ian Willcock

Language: English | Format: PDF | ISBN-10: 1409464296 | ISBN-13: 978-1409464297

Page count: 238 | Date Published: May 23, 2016 | Publisher: Routledge

Business & Money

CONTENTS

Cover
Contents
List of Figures and Tables
About the Author
Preface
Acknowledgements
List of Abbreviations
Reviews for Collaborating for Results
Part I The Individual and the Organisation
Part II The Team, Other Teams and the Organisation
Part III The Organisation
Bibliography
Index

Excerpt:

Factors that Influence Behaviour

You are in a Silo

We are all in silos at the same time as being connected with each other; it’s a natural state of affairs.

As a human being I have a physical boundary to the outside world. My contact with the environment is mediated by my senses (touch, taste, smell, sight, sound, feelings) and the sense I make of these through my beliefs, values and self-concept – my ‘sense of self’. I can choose to be in contact or out of contact with others. I can include or exclude myself. I can move towards people, away from them or against them. I can be more or less open with other people in how I communicate. I can try to control, be equal or be submissive. My face can be fixed or relaxed. I can be rigid, flexible or somewhere in between. What balance I strike in my contact with others will be based on several factors including those which I now describe.

My physical heritage

My physical heritage is the inherited genetic makeup and the physical disposition I am born with. This will influence my level of physical and psychological comfort or discomfort and therefore the choices I make. Genetics and physical disposition are outside of the scope of this book, although it is important to recognise their influence on our psychological makeup. My focus is on the social and psychological domains and the behaviour of people to explain silo working and how to improve the quality of relationships people have. You cannot change the spots on a leopard, but you can influence how it behaves!

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
3.37 MB
seeders:2
leechers:4
Collaborating for Results: Silo Working and Relationships that Work - David Ian Willcock - [PDF][N27]