Damien Rice - My Favourite Faded Fantasy [HD Tracks] 24.96

seeders: 61
leechers: 28
Added on November 10, 2014 by polituxin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Damien Rice - My Favourite Faded Fantasy [HD Tracks] 24.96 (Size: 934.77 MB)
 07 - Trusty and True.flac147.76 MB
 08 - Long Long Way.flac118.86 MB
 Cover.jpg34.68 KB
 06 - The Box.flac81.71 MB
 05 - Colour Me In.flac93.66 MB
 02 - It Takes a Lot to Know a Man.flac189.45 MB
 03 - The Greatest Bastard.flac84.54 MB
 04 - I Don't Want to Change You.flac102.43 MB
 01 - My Favourite Faded Fantasy.flac116.31 MB

Description

Genre: Folk
Style: Singer/Songwriter, Alternative
Source: WEB
Codec: FLAC
Bit rate: ~ 2,600 kbps
Bit depth: 24
Sample rate: 96 kHz

01 My Favourite Faded Fantasy
02 It Takes a Lot to Know a Man
03 The Greatest Bastard
04 I Don't Want to Change You
05 Colour Me In
06 The Box
07 Trusty and True
08 Long Long Way

Damien Rice doesn't do anything in a hurry. He lets his songs unfold at a deliberate, almost stately pace and he's similarly unconcerned about rushing through his career, taking a full eight years to deliver 2014's My Favourite Faded Fantasy, which amounts to only his third record in 12 years. Other artists who have experienced a similarly long gestation period return with long, overblown works, but not Rice. He teamed with Rick Rubin, the Zen master of acoustic basics, to shape an exquisitely textured collection of eight songs that runs just a hair over 50 minutes (a simultaneously released deluxe edition contains just one bonus cut). Rice doesn't greatly expand his aesthetic -- he's still equal parts Jeff Buckley and Thom Yorke, cut with the sullen singer/songwriter sophistication of Nick Drake -- but refinement is Rice's signature. He whittles away the excess in his words and melody, then dresses the detailed sculpture in finely tailored accouterments of slightly sighing strings, strummed guitars, and a hint of forward momentum lying within buried rhythms. This means My Favourite Faded Fantasy may come on as a bit underwhelming at first but that's the intent: it's not designed to grab, it's designed to soothe and then slowly worm its way into the subconscious, which is where these eight songs reveal themselves to be as strong as anything else Rice has written.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
934.77 MB
seeders:61
leechers:28

All Comments

I received the HD Audio files when I preordered the album. It sounds incredible, however the files are the exact same size as the ones from HDTracks and same bit rate.
Makes me wonder if Waffles.fm wasn't on to something when they banned HDTracks earlier this year? Made me mad at the time but I am starting to see that the possibly do just ripoff uninformed buyers.
So the files sound amazing, but you're complaining. I fail to see why.
thanks for this. I have the 45rpm vinyl and its outstanding. I love having these hd track versions for my digital backup.
Thanks man