Delusions : an Analysis of the Book of Mormon : With an Examination of Its Internal and External Evidences, and a Refutation of Its Pretences to Divine Authority Alexander Campbell epub

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on May 5, 2015 by alprufrockin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Description

It is well known to some of our fellow-citizens, that two preachers of the Mormonites, a fanatical sect, which originated a few years since in the western part of New York, have recently come to this city to propagate their strange and marvellous doctrines. I have had several interviews with these men, and have examined their book, called the Book of Mormon, have endeavored to acquaint myself with the details of their history and principles, have put the result of my inquiries in writing, and am satisfied of the delusion and absurdity of their system, and of its evil.tendency. After this investigation, I felt a desire to have the system exposed, immediately in public print. But upon consulting with some judicious friends upon the subject, it was thought best not to take public notice of it at that time, as the system was so unreasonable and ridiculous, that no person of good common sense would believe it. But having witnessed the progress of the delusion among some of our respectable citizens, some of whom were considerd worthy members of the religious societies to which they belonged, I have felt it my indispensable duty, to use my exertion against its spreading and contaminating influence. However strange to relate, about fifteen persons, in this city have been led away by these false doctrines, have been baptised and joined the Mormon church. And some of these persons have set out for the pronnsed land, the place of refuge for the house of I srael, and for all the Gentile world, who will take warning and flee thither for safetyi Two individuals who have gone, are delenceless females. They liad 0acquired by their hard industry 2300, one of them having $800, ihe other $1500, which they have given up to go into the general %stock. One of these females was in a consumption, and iier friends )thought she would not live to reach her destined place. Her afflicte
(Typographical errors above are due to OCR software and don't occur in the book.)

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
34.93 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Delusions : an Analysis of the Book of Mormon : With an Examination of Its Internal and External Evidences, and a Refutation of Its Pretences to Divine Authority Alexander Campbell epub