Demo Disk-audiophile quality great music, EAC FLAC

seeders: 36
leechers: 1
Added on September 19, 2015 by RonChattin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Demo Disk-audiophile quality great music, EAC FLAC (Size: 430.64 MB)
 01 Every Morning-Keb' Mo'.flac14.66 MB
 02 Dilate-Ani DiFranco.flac29.91 MB
 03 Night Train-Christian McBride.flac19.34 MB
 04 Ice-Sarah McLachlan.flac22.98 MB
 05 Moog Island-Morcheeba.flac26.39 MB
 06 Potter's Wheel-Freyda and Acoustic.flac28.57 MB
 07 Rolling-Elysian Fields.flac31.72 MB
 08 Sweet Potato-John Renbourne.flac20.8 MB
 09 Sleepy Language-Layo and Bushwacka.flac39.8 MB
 10 Oh Me-Nirvana.flac23.44 MB
 11 I Honestly Love You (Remix)-ONJ.flac29.31 MB
 12 Youth Oriented-Happy Apple.flac40.35 MB
 13 Breakin' Up-The Violent Femmes.flac26.8 MB
 14 Dawg After Dark-David Grisman and Tony Rice.flac25.59 MB
 15 Wandering Star-Portishead.flac27.54 MB
 16 She's Already Made Up Her Mind.flac23.45 MB

Description

imageimageimageimageimageimage

This is a selection of tracks that will make any good audio system shine. It was initially compiled to herald the arrival of a friends new $26,000 preamp about 12 years or so ago, so every track was carefully selected with that in mind.

Some of the material here you may know....most you probably will not.

But even the better known tracks (Keb Mo, Sarah McLachlan) have been ripped from the best disks available (MFSL, Classic Records Gold disk).

Here is a brief rundown:
1. Every Morning-Keb' Mo'. From his first album. Great acoustic blues guitar.
2. Dilate-Ani DiFranco. From the album Dilate. The power and dynamics of her strummed guitar will knock your speakers over backwards.
3. Night Train-Christina McBride. The meaty woody tone of his stand up double bass with all the rich harmonics are captured in a very convincing way.
4. Ice-Sarah McLachlan-Beautiful voice, beautiful guitar work with some open tuning, and haunting backings.
5. Moog Island-Morcheeba. Some Brit Trip Hop electronica.
6. Potters Wheel-Freyda and Acoustic AttaTude. Classically inspired folk music led by the gorgeous voice and sensitive violin playing of Freyda Epstein.
7. Rolling-Elysian Fields. From the Bleed Your Cedar album. Everything about this track will draw you in. The extreme smoky seductiveness of her very closely miked voice, the psychedelic tinklings, a plucked bass that will go as low as your speakers will let it and a trance backing.
8. Sweet Potato-John Renbourne. One of the masters of British acoustic folk guitar wizardry. From the Sir John..... album.
9. Sleepy Language-Layo and Bushwacka! More spacy trance electronica with a grumbling growling bass line that sets the beat.
10. Oh Me-Nirvana. From the Unplugged album. These series of Unplugged albums offered some of the finest quality recordings available, and still sound unbeatable.
11-I Honestly Love You-Olivia Newton John. A re-recording, and a remix of it. The bass plunges so deeeeeeep on this track, I am sure it was lost on 99% of the people who listened to it on very modest gear.
12-Youth Oriented-Happy Apple. Difficult to describe experimental neo psychedelic jazz. You will either love this or hate it. I loved it.
13-Breaking Up-The Violent Femmes; a dark recording from a band that rode the alternative wave. Dark, broody and a metronic bass line that propels.
14. Dawg After Dark-Dave Grisman and Tony Rice. From an album where each musician plays a different vintage mandolin and guitar on every different track, which extensive liner notes about every instrument. This of course would be lost unless the recording quality was top notch enough to faithfully portray the beautiful (and different) tones of the different instruments. And it does.
15. Wandering Star-Portishead. Again some slow paced Brit spacy trip hop, and an electronic bass that goes down to your socks.
16. She's Already Made Up Her Mind-Lyle Lovett. Beautiful heartbreaking song. But the reason it was included was for its subterranean bass that is better felt than heard. 90% of the systems I heard this on completely lost the bass as it starts off below the frequency most speakers can reproduce.

I did include 800 dpi scans of the front covers of each of the CD's. The artwork shows up on on of the metadata editors I use, but for some reason VLC does not pick up the artwork on all of them. Hopefully your media player will.

NOTE...I HAVE NOW UPLOADED A FOLDER CONTAINING ALL THE 800 DPI SCANS OF THE FRONT COVER ART. YOU CAN GET IT HERE
https://kat.cr/album-cover-8...disk-no-music-t11292420.html

Please note that this torrent contains ONLY the cover art for this collection and does not have any more music.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
430.64 MB
seeders:36
leechers:1
Demo Disk-audiophile quality great music, EAC FLAC

All Comments

I am still stumped by the fact that the circa 4MB 800 dpi scans of the cover art imported through MP3Tag are not showing up for the majority of the files when played with VLC. They show up just fine with the original metadata editor. Reducing the file size by rescaling the pictures did not help either.

So, if any of you are playing this compilation through a media player...are you getting any, all or none of the cover art? And any suggestions how to embed it? I have a folder with all the hirez art scans, which I suppose I should have included in the torrent.