Documentary Wormwood Scrubs 2010 S01E01E02 TvRip x264-little_devil

seeders: 0
leechers: 2
Added on April 23, 2012 by Devil.in Movies > Documentary
Torrent verified.

Documentary Wormwood Scrubs 2010 S01E01E02 TvRip x264-little_devil (Size: 1.01 GB)
 Wormwood.Scrubs.2010.S01E02.Swesub.TvRip.x264-little_devil.mkv519.87 MB
 Wormwood.Scrubs.2010.S01E01.Swesub.TvRip-little_devil.mkv513.54 MB
 images.jpg8.93 KB
 WORMWOOD SCRUBS.txt5.33 KB

Description

Documentary.Wormwood.Scrubs.2010.S01E01E02.Swesub.TvRip.x264-little_devil
Brittisk dokumentärserie från 2010. I två delar.
Här tittar man närmare på relationen mellan fångar och fångvaktare på fängelset Wormwood Scrubs i Storbritannien. Fängelset har runt 1200 fångar och vissa avdelningar har över 300 intagna med bara 12 vakter som ska hålla ordning. För fångvaktarna är det ett tufft jobb med en vardag där de ska handskas med hetlevrade fångar och avstyra slagsmål.
Wormwood Scrubs paints a stark picture of life in prison, gleaned from hundreds of hours of rare footage, that is likely to challenge widely held assumptions about incarceration. The footage, which forms part of two hour-long documentaries to be screened over two weeks, features prisoners boasting openly about their ability to obtain drugs, with one suggesting that there are "10 dealers" on one wing alone.
One "tobacco baron" declares that he leads a "nice life" inside the 1,280-capacity male prison in west London. Jason Cox says to camera: "I have a roof over my head, and I don't have anything to worry about. The people in prison are my family. The prison is my home."
Such boasting is likely to raise questions about the merits of the decision, taken by the prison's governor, Phil Taylor, to allow TV cameras unprecedented access to an institution that even he describes as a "smouldering or erupting volcano". But Taylor, who has 32 years' experience in the Prison Service, believes that the programmes will help the public to gain a true picture of life behind bars.
"We gave the film people access to pretty much everything they wanted; nothing was off limits," Taylor said. "Hopefully the end result is something that enables the public to see exactly what prison officers deal with – complex individuals who bring a range of problems. What it demonstrates is that the environment has the potential to become violent at any given moment. You go through long periods when staff will say it is mundane and boring, but it can become extremely violent at a moment's notice."
In the opening scenes a brutal attack on one prisoner by another is shown on CCTV footage. Later, officers examine prisoners' makeshift weapons, such as toothbrush handles studded with razors. One weapon has razor blades on both sides, making it difficult to stitch the wound, leaving, as one officer says, "a hell of a scar".
In one powerful scene, a young prisoner with a history of self-harm is seen with blood leaking from his slashed arm. There is a poignant moment when the prison chaplain cleans up a cell following the suicide of a prisoner. "Two bin bags, that's all," the chaplain declares.
In some of the most disturbing scenes, officers in riot gear are shown wrestling a dangerous prisoner to the ground. The man has a history of violence inside the prison and is a habitual reoffender.
The man's condition raises questions about whether some prisoners are beyond rehabilitation. "There are some people who resist any kind of help or support and it is difficult to maintain their balance and keep their emotions in check," Taylor concedes. Later it emerges that the man has been transferred to another prison, a sign that the Scrubs believes there is little more it can do with him.
The most revealing aspect of the documentary is footage showing the little understood relationship between prison officers and prisoners. With just 12 officers in charge of a wing of 350, the rapport between both sides is considered crucial to maintaining order. "We all rely on each other from the number one down," said Dina Officer, a prison officer for 21 years. "If we are in good moods, it rubs off on other people. It makes it easier; it changes an atmosphere." But the demands of the job require a unique mix of skills. "You have to be a mixture of Rambo and social worker."
Some of the shocking scenes are likely to raise questions about whether they are too graphic for television, a charge Taylor denies. A scene that shows a mobile phone that has been removed from a prisoner's anus highlights the trade in contraband phones, which can sell in the prison for up to £600.
Taylor concedes some of the prisoners may have played up to the cameras. Some of the boasts about drugs, he claims, have been exaggerated. But he accepts that they are a significant problem. "When you have a large proportion of people coming in with drug-related issues, you are bound to have problems. We have mandatory random drug testing that shows that around 7% of prisoners at any one time have drugs in their system."
On Christmas Day prisoners are shown tucking into a festive lunch, an image likely to trigger accusations they have it easy. But Taylor said it was important to ensure that prisoners have some normalisation. "Christmas is part of life. If we take it away and they become isolated to such a degree when we release them, it is far worse than when we took them in. We try to give them some responsibility, so they behave themselves."
He acknowledges, however, that for some prison is better than life outside. "If they haven't got anything outside prison, they will find a way to get into prison – three meals a day, healthcare, doctors. But I think those numbers are less than when I joined the service. Back then, on Christmas Eve people would throw a brick through a window so they could get a good Christmas lunch. There's not so much of that nowadays."

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.01 GB
seeders:0
leechers:2
Documentary Wormwood Scrubs 2010 S01E01E02 TvRip x264-little_devil

Screenshots

Documentary Wormwood Scrubs 2010 S01E01E02 TvRip x264-little_devil screenshot
Documentary Wormwood Scrubs 2010 S01E01E02 TvRip x264-little_devil screenshot