Dominic Montserrat - Akhenaten: History, Fantasy and Ancient Egypt

seeders: 15
leechers: 2
Added on May 28, 2014 by HowlinHarpoin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Dominic Montserrat - Akhenaten: History, Fantasy and Ancient Egypt (Size: 30.95 MB)
 akhenaten_history_fantasy_and_ancient_egypt.pdf30.95 MB

Description

Publication Date: May 1, 2014

The pharaoh Akhenaten, who ruled Egypt in the mid-fourteenth century BCE, has been the subject of more speculation than any other character in Egyptian history. This provocative new biography examines both the real Akhenaten and the myths that have been created around him. It scrutinises the history of the pharaoh and his reign, which has been continually written in Eurocentric terms inapplicable to ancient Egypt, and the archaeology of Akhenaten's capital city, Amarna. It goes on to explore the pharaoh's extraordinary cultural afterlife, and the way he has been invoked to validate everything from psychoanalysis to racial equality to Fascism.

Review
'I can thoroughly recommend the refreshingly idiosyncratic approach to the phenomenon of Amarna in Akhenaten. Dr Montserrat has clearly read both deeply and widely in areas which for many of us are very much at the periphery of our Egyptological interests.' - Egyptian Archaeology

Product Details
File Size: 10071 KB
Print Length: 240 pages
Publisher: Routledge (May 1, 2014)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00K1ZV2TM

I had requested this book here on KAT but nobody was able to help so I dug deep into my pockets and bought it. Akhenaten is a figure of fascination, who means different things to different people; but what we 'know' about him is still largely colored by conjecture. Thought someone else might enjoy reading this book. :-)

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
30.95 MB
seeders:15
leechers:2
Dominic Montserrat - Akhenaten: History, Fantasy and Ancient Egypt