Donald B Redford - Akhenaten The Heretic King 1 eBook - PDF

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on June 10, 2009 by in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Donald B Redford - Akhenaten The Heretic King 1 eBook - PDF (Size: 112.34 MB)
 Donald B Redford - Akhenaten The Heretic King.pdf112.34 MB

Description

This torrent was uploaded from www.TheOccult.bz (signup is open and free) - the home of everything Esoteric

:smile:High Quality Scan:smile:

For once, it was nice to have Akhenaten seen as something other than a benevolent man who was before both his time and religion. Dr. Redford reveals that opposed to being a monotheist, Akhenaten was more of an aethiest as there was no real religion--backed up by mythology, which even Chrisitianity has--behind the concept of the Aten. Through the eyes of Dr. Redford, the Heretic becomes a man worth loathing, one who inforced too harshly or didn't inforce at all and for the most part did just leave the empire to rot. Needless to say, if you are an Amarnan Romantic, this book probably shouldn't be your first choice. However, it does pay to see one's subject in many different ways so that one is better able to form their own view. The discussion of the Amarna Temple Project was wonderous,and many of the admirable plates feature reconstructed talatat scenes. It is also revealed that the blocks were not as intentionally brutalized as previously believed. Akhenaten is brutalized slightly in this book, I will admit, but such is the fate of any Heretic, no matter their place in history or their behavior in forming that same history.

===============================

Examples of the other materials available now and always if you signup free @ www.TheOccult.bz:

Alchemy: Manfred M. Junius - Practical Handbook of Plant Alchemy. Frater Albertus - Alchemist's Handbook. Jean Dubuis - Spagyrics

Astrology: Rosicrucian Fellowship - Astrology Course, Donna Cuningham - Selected Topics in Chart Interpretation, Judith Bennett, Evangeline Adams - Astrology Your Place among the Stars

Buddhism: Dalai Lama - The Art of Happiness, Jan Westerhoff - Nagarjuna's Madhyamaka: A Philosophical Investigation, Taigen D. Leighton - Visions of Awakening Space and Time: Dogen and the Lotus Sutra, Bernard Faure - The Red Thread

Chaos Magic: Peter Carrol - Cthonos Rite, Phil Hine - Prime Chaos, David Michael Cunningham - Creating Magickal Entities: A Complete Guide to Entity Creation

Entheogens: Timothy Leary - The Delicious Grace Of Moving One's Hand, Mia Touw - The Religious and Medicinal Uses of Cannabis in China, India and Tibet, Terence McKenna - Alien Dreamtime, Philip H. Farber - Magick and Entheogens

Fourth Way: G.I. Gurdjieff - Beelzebubs Tales to His Grandson, P. D. Ouspensky - Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution, Keith Jarrett - Sacred Hymns of G.I. Gurdjieff

Grimoires: Abraham von Worms - The Book Of Abramelin, Andrew Chumbley - One - The Grimoire of the Golden Toad, Various Authors - A Picatrix Miscellany

Golden Dawn: Pat & Chris Zalewski - The Magical Tarot of The Golden Dawn, Pat Zalewski - Golden Dawn Rituals and Commentaries, Chic and Sandra Tabatha Cicero - Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition, Israel Regardie - The Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic

Hinduism: Swami Vivekananda - Complete Works, John Dowson - A Classical Dictionary of Hindu Mythology, T.S Ranganathan - See, Learn & Perform Sandhyavandanam

Qabalah: Kabballah Denning & Phillips - Entrance to the Magical Qabalah, Lon Milo Duquette- Qabalah for the Rest of Us, William Gray - Ladder of Lights

Lucid Dreams / Astral Projection: Tony Crisp - Lucid Dreaming, S. Laberge - A Course in Lucid Dreaming, Robert Monroe - Techniques for Astral Projection, Robert Bruce - Astral Dynamics

Rosicrucianism: Paul Foster Case - The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order, Frances Yates - The Rosicrucian Enlightenment, Jennings Hargrave - The Rosicrucians

Satanism / Left-Hand Path: Michael A. Aquino - Temple Of Set, ONA - Naos: A Practical Guide to Modern Magick, Fraternitas Loki - Satan is Dead, Anton Szandor LaVey - The Satanic Mass

Tarot: Paul Foster Case - Tarot Fundamentals, Lon Milo DuQuette - Tarot Kabbalah & Oracles, P.D. Ouspensky - The Symbolism of the Tarot

Thelema: Theodor Reuss & Aleister Crowley - OTO Rituals & Magick, James Eschelman - The Mystical & Magical System of the A.'.A.'., The Equinox

Wicca: Rose Ariadne - Mastering The Magick Of Witchcraft, Cassadnra Eason - A Practical Guide to Witchcraft and Magick Spells, Scott Cunningham - Wicca A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner

Yoga / Tantra: David Gordon White - Kiss of the Yogini, Swami Janakananda - Experience Yoga Nidra, David Coulter - Anatomy of Hatha Yoga

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
112.34 MB
seeders:3
leechers:0
Donald B Redford - Akhenaten The Heretic King 1 eBook - PDF

All Comments

It is true that this is a work of some merit - I bought the first edition years ago, being familiar with Redford. Redford is a very competent field archaeologist and academic. He used to be associated with the Royal Ontario Museum, known for their high standards; but apparently he has come to favor money over all and now works for the Americans, whose academic standards are drastically lower. Easier work for much better pay, obviously. His strengths as well as his weaknesses are in evidence in this early book. Like many scholars there is more knowledge than insight. As far as romanticizing Akhenaten, we have mostly Freud to blame for that, who was obsessed with him. Freud was a drug addicted melodramatic nutjob, so it's unfortunate that many people since have swallowed his silly image of Akhenaten whole. (I can't resist the temptation to add a touch of psychobabble, and point out that Freud's infatuation with Akhenaten smacks of both latent homosexuality as well as necrophilia, LOL but true.) The NFB doc on Redford's Amarna expedition, The Search for the Pharaoh's Lost City, is very good - perhaps more valuable than this book. Redford's later works do get better. Since you've gone to such lengths in your own description, I felt it would be reasonable to add these comments, providing more context, and dare I say, a better informed POV.

Let us speak now of the scan itself, which is atrocious - and I do not exaggerate. I still have my 1st Ed. of the book to compare to. My copy, unlike yours, is in mint condition. I was wondering why this PDF was so large - until I opened it and saw that you didn't bother to crop your scan area, so we get a whole lot of useless blank space with the PDF which is not only unnecessary and unattractive, it makes the scan much larger than it ought to be. All in all, you have done a poor job indeed.

You finish with a very detailed, lengthy description of theoccult.bz - a private tracker with which I am well framiliar. You need to eliminate this entire section of your description. They are not open to the public, and are no longer accepting registrations, not even by invitation.

All in all, your scan has about as much value as your torrent description. Which is next to nil.

I would NOT recommend downloading this very shabby book scan.