Dr. Peter Kreeft - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Heaven... But Never Dreamed of Asking (EPUB, MOBI)

seeders: 16
leechers: 2
Added on May 23, 2015 by catholicstuffin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Dr. Peter Kreeft - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Heaven... But Never Dreamed of Asking (EPUB, MOBI) (Size: 452.17 KB)
 Everything You Ever Wanted to K - Peter Kreeft.mobi236.78 KB
 Cover.jpg51.61 KB
 Everything You Ever Wanted to K - Peter Kreeft.epub161.87 KB
 metadata.opf1.9 KB

Description

In the style of C.S. Lewis, Kreeft provides an unexcelled look at the nature of Heaven that offers readers a refreshingly clear, theologically sound, and always fascinating glimpse of that "undiscovered country." Kreeft's engaging and informative account thoughtfully answers intriguing questions about heaven that speaks to the mind and heart.

"What Difference Does Heaven Make?"
"What Will We Do in Heaven?"
"Is There Sex in Heaven?"
"Does Heaven Begin Now?"
"How Do We Experience Heaven Now?"
"Can We Know the Joy of Heaven Now?"
"Is There Really a Hell?"
"Is Hell Fire or Loneliness?"
"How Many Roads to Heaven?"
"How Can We Know What Heaven Is Like?"
"Will my dead cat be alive in Heaven?"
"Can I get to Heaven without being religious?"
"Why won't Heaven get boring?"
"What kind of body will I have in Heaven?"
"Why can't you get there in a rocket ship?"
"Can you time travel in Heaven?"
"Is Heaven here on earth?"
"Can anyone answer such questions? Is this book possible?"

"The title of the book might make some people think it's going to be a very basic, light treatment of the subject. Not so. Peter Kreeft is an outstanding biblical scholar and theologian who provides ample references to biblical passages, writings of philosophers and Church fathers, and alternate views from other religions. Kreeft did as good a job with this as anyone I've ever read. He presents extremely logical and biblical arguments for the Church's teachings on the afterlife. He also offers very thought-provoking ideas about the nature of a soul and of Heaven and Hell. The question and answer parts are very satisfying--issues are examines with great depth. I especially enjoyed his treatment of time itself...what is the meaning of "eternity" and how is it experienced? I found it easy to accept all the author's conclusions, and the book's message was uplifting on top of being informative. In short, here you have it all--a scholarly look at the subject and a message of hope and joy. I heartily recommend this book to anyone who has pondered our eternal future!"

"I re-discovered the Christian faith with this book. Thanks to Kreeft, my heart longs daily for existence in heaven, when before, it was hard to even think about."

"Another wonderfully insightful book from Peter Kreeft. Here, Kreeft draws from a wide range of sources to make some reasonable guesses as to the nature of heaven. In the course of doing so, he touches on questions of the nature of time and space, physical and spiritual reality, etc. In typically Kreeftian fashion, he repeatedly turns the materialistic prejudices of the present age around on themselves. Heaven is not a projection of this life, rather, this life is a projection of heaven. Again - God is not a creation of human imagination, rather, humanity is a creation out of God's imagination. It is reminiscent of C.S. Lewis in 'The Great Divorce' - what seems more real, more substantial (i.e. this world, space-time) is thin and pale in comparison to the Source of All Being. But, since we don't yet live there and can't yet see or imagine it, we keep getting it exactly wrong, imagining that this life is real and heaven is thin and ethereal."

"This book will absolutely get you excited and looking forward to heaven in ways you never before imagined! It is one of the most thought-provoking books I've ever read, and I highly recommend it!"

"Kreeft skillfully interleaves scripture and writings from the best thinkers in all of Christendom. He presents a thoughtful and thought-provoking view of Heaven. His answers to the many questions about Heaven are imaginative and empowering, yet always bounded by Holy Scripture, Christian philosophy, and logical argument. In more than one area, his answers helped me to understand and accept the Word of God. His treatment of Hell as flowing inexorably from God's love was particularly helpful for me."

See also:
Torrent: Dr. Peter Kreeft - You Can Understand The Bible: A Practical And Illuminating Guide To Each Book In The Bible (EPUB, MOBI)
Torrent: Dr. Peter Kreeft - Three Philosophies of Life: Ecclesiastes: Life as Vanity; Job: Life as Suffering; Song of Songs: Life as Love (EPUB, MOBI)
Torrent: Dr. Peter Kreeft - Faith and Reason: The Philosophy of Religion (The Modern Scholar) [14-part audio course + PDF course guide]
Torrent: Dr. Peter Kreeft - The Philosophy of Thomas Aquinas (The Modern Scholar) [14-part audio course + PDF course guide]
Torrent: Dr. Peter Kreeft - Winning the Culture War [audio presentation]

image image image image

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
452.17 KB
seeders:16
leechers:2
Dr. Peter Kreeft - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Heaven... But Never Dreamed of Asking (EPUB, MOBI)