Dylan LeBlanc - Cast The Same Old Shadow [2012][EAC,log,cue. FLAC]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 21, 2013 by dickthespicin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Dylan LeBlanc - Cast The Same Old Shadow [2012][EAC,log,cue. FLAC] (Size: 248.93 MB)
 01 - Part One- The End.flac30.12 MB
 02 - Innocent Sinner.flac17.27 MB
 03 - Brother.flac29.14 MB
 04 - Diamonds and Pearls.flac19.71 MB
 05 - Where Are You Now.flac28.34 MB
 06 - Chesapeake Lane.flac33.45 MB
 07 - The Ties That Bind.flac18.84 MB
 08 - Comfort Me.flac25.22 MB
 09 - Cast the Same Old Shadoe.flac29.99 MB
 10 - Lonesome Waltz.flac16.83 MB
 Cast The Same Old Shadow.cue1.81 KB
 Dylan LeBlanc - Cast The Same Old Shadow.log11.11 KB
 Dylan LeBlanc - Cast The Same Old Shadow.m3u741 bytes
 Dylan LeBlanc - Cast the Same Old Shadow cover image.jpg20.35 KB

Description

Artist: Dylan LeBlanc
Release: Cast The Same Old Shadow
Discogs: 3897145
Released: 2012
Label: Rough Trade
Catalog#: RTRADCD690
Format: FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue / CD
Style: Rock, Folk, World, & Country, Country Rock

Tracklisting:

01. Part One: The End
02. Innocent Sinner
03. Brother
04. Diamonds And Pearls
05. Where Are You Now
06. Chesapeake Lane
07. The Ties That Bind
08. Comfort Me
09. Cast The Same Old Shadow
10. Lonesome Waltz

Unless you’re fond of wallowing in misfortune, Cast the Same Old Shadow is not to be experienced on the back of a break-up. Poor Dylan LeBlanc, however, can’t help himself. Recorded after he’d been dumped, if it’s not clear from its opener’s title that this second album is awash with heartache, it’s sledgehammered home once the dejected vocals swoop in.
LeBlanc’s in possession of a breathier version of Fleet Foxes’ Robin Pecknold’s woodland falsetto, which seems almost embarrassed to have grabbed attentions with its rugged purity. He might only be 22, but LeBlanc’s seen a darkness, one which has him coming across as a more rustic Jeff Buckley.
Though born in Louisiana, LeBlanc’s sound isn’t particularly Southern. Instead, he conjures up visions of the plaid-shirted tribes of the Pacific Northwest and of Neil Young humbly combing his sideburns by a sequoia before whittling a love token for the unrequited object of his affections.
The follow-up to 2010’s Paupers Field, this set plunders the overarching melancholy of Townes Van Zandt, making for an emotionally draining listen. The album’s cathartic country title track is a case in point. Of the song, LeBlanc says: “I wrote that song in my house and everyone had just left including a girl I liked, and she didn’t feel the same way about me. I wrote this song since I was feeling sorry for myself.”
What makes LeBlanc special, though, is his way of infusing the bleakest moments with slivers of hope – a major chord here, a lyric that sounds like it was sung from under a semi-smile there.
The gut-punching riffs of standout track Brother are counter-balanced with a jaunty hillbilly shuffle and, with its moaning pedal steel, Comfort Me gives off a surprising barroom bounce. Where Are You Now, another song about being ditched, allows sweeping 1960s symphonics to provide a dash of optimism.
LeBlanc admits he was listening to Beach House when recording this album and you can hear their influence, albeit subtly, in the hypnotic spreading of sound in the likes of Diamonds and Pearls. Proof positive that break-ups aren’t all bad.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
248.93 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Dylan LeBlanc - Cast The Same Old Shadow [2012][EAC,log,cue. FLAC]